You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 13

Even more time passed. It had been 38 years since I spoke, since I had shown any emotion.

The only time I had left my room was to go to the great hall to feed, or when we all had to go on missions like we would be doing today.

Aro was the only one who came in my room anymore. Alec and Jane used to because we were good friends, but in the end they gave up.

I hardly ever thought about anything anymore.

I was still weak, my senses where once again strong but my vision was deteriorating. My once strong eye sight was now lucky to make out certain objects. I would be strong against humans, but was extremely weak against vampires. When we had to leave Volterra to keep people in check I would not be a fighter. Aro had Reneta protecting me. I only went because he couldn't stand to leave me alone and needed my power in case a fight would start.

He would still touch my palm every day. Hoping to see and flickers of life in me I suppose. And each day he left empty handed.

I was pulled out of my train of thought by a presence at the door. I knew it was Aro straight away.

"My love, it is time for us to leave."

I simply got up without glancing at him.

We ran to our destination with Demetri leading us.

The more energy I used, the worse my eyesight became. Aro touched my palm and realised this through my thoughts. He went to pick me up and I glared at him. He left me after that and Jane and Alec continued to run by my side. The surroundings we were running in were familiar, yet I did not pay them any attention. I could now barely recognize facial expressions.

The weather turned cooler and I started to shiver. Because of what happened to me I would become cold or hot. Aro noticed this and placed his cloak on my shoulders.

We were soon on the edge of a clearing, we all slowed after that, and Alec and Jane took an arm each to help me direct were to go.

We all walked forward, I heard growls erupt from both the Volturi and the people we were up against. I also heard some shocks and gasps, but most of all I heard a voice I hadn't heard in a long time.

"Evelyn?"

I ignored it, I stayed looking at the ground, motionless and expressionless, as I had been for many years now.

I heard another voice speak.

"What is the meaning of this Aro?" Again I recognized the voice, but payed no attention to
who said it.

I zoned out again, so I was surprised when I felt Alec and Jane once again grab my arm and pull me forward.

I moved until I was stood next to Aro. I still didn't pay any attention to who it was, and once again, Aro touched my hand.

"Eviee? Eviee love, Look up." His voice was soft, like he didn't to harm me.

I slowly looked up, and heard gasps of shock come from those in front of us. Yet I still didn't pay attention.

Aro touched my palm again. He sighed.

He started to talk to those in front of us.

"She's been like this for so long now. I would like her to stay with you; perhaps you can help her where I cannot." He told, ashamed.

"Okay, Aro." The voice spoke, wary.

He turned to me. "Eviee, love. You’re going to be going with these people. You remember
them. I know you do. You’re going to be staying with Carlisle. He'll make you better." he said softly.

Something hit me. I had heard that name before. But where?

Aro turned to the man again. "She can't see properly, can only make out certain things, she doesn't speak anymore either, hasn't done for the past 38 years."

I felt something soft touch my lips, but I didn't react. I was prepared to be hurt again, he had sold me again and I would have to go through the pain all over again. I heard a growl somewhere. And then someone was telling someone to be quiet.

"Love You, Eviee." Aro whispered softly, and then he was gone.

I remember being picked up, and someone muttering reassurances to me. It was quite while they ran with me. No one was even breathing; I only know there were 10 people with me.