You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 14

I was aware of being sat down onto a comfy chair, and everyone’s eye on me. Still, I gazed off into space, waiting to be hit with the pain.

I felt my body grow weaker, and I was handed some blood. I grasped at it quickly, downing it in one go in case I had to defend myself. But I still didn't feel any stronger.

"What is she thinking, Edward?" I heard a deep voice ask. I noticed it sounded hitched, like he was crying.

I heard a sign. "Nothing. She isn't thinking anything."

"What’s wrong with her?" I heard a high pitched voice ask.

The same voice answered. "I caught a bit of what Aro was thinking. She's been through too much, her body has just shut down." he replied sadly.

"What about her eyes?"

"She was starved of blood. Her senses went down. She drank blood and her smell heightened and hearing perked up, but her eyesight has just grown worse."

I heard sobbing. "I'll take her upstairs. Let her rest."

I felt someone’s arms being put around me, lifting me up. I tensed, where were they taking me?!

I tried to break free, tried to run. I had had enough.

The person clung onto me tighter.

"Sshh. It's okay. We won't hurt you. I promise." I relaxed at the sincere voice.

I was put down onto a comfy bed, then left alone.

I tried to think who I was with. I recognized their voices, their scents, their names. Yet nothing came to me.

Once again, I sat and let my thoughts wander.