You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 15

I watched Carlisle carry my daughter upstairs. I had never felt so helpless. I sat down and cried tearless tears. My daughter was more or less dead. Her once sparkling eyes were replaced with white, cloudy pupils.

Her once happy smile was replaced with a blank expression.

She had changed so much, and not for the better. I closed my eyes and remembered her smile. The graceful that smile would rise on her lips at the smallest bit of humour, and her tinkling laugh that would bounce around the room like a harp or a chime.

Carlisle came back down with a solemn look on his face.

"Jasper? I have the letter Aro gave me. Would you like to read it?"

I took the letter, and chose to read aloud.

My Friends,
I want you to look after Eviee, now. I have made many mistakes and think it wise if she lives with you. She doesn't love me anymore. I made the worst choice I have ever made by banishing her from my society for 5 years. When she returned she no longer smiled, or laughed, or talked. She was starved of blood, thus making her weaker. We have our own vampire doctor in Volterra and he has found she is dying. She’s slowly becoming weaker, as you will soon find out. She is developing human like qualities which in the end will kill her as it won’t match with her vampire being.
Please, make her smile again.
Give her my love, Aro.

We was all gob smacked at what we had read. My daughter was actually dying. I looked around and saw everyone in their own thoughts.

I had only just found her when she choose to run away to Volterra, now she was being taken from me again. It seemed fate didn't want her to be happy.

Alice hugged me, whispering sorry over and over again. I got up, and began to walk upstairs.

"Jasper?" Edward called. "She remembers us but she also doesn't. She can't see who we are so is finding it difficult. I guess she has just been so out of it that she doesn't remember a thing. Her mind, she only thinks about places she wishes she could be."

"Where does she want to be?" I asked, dreading the answer

"That’s the thing, she doesn't want to be." He said, the silence echoing around the room.