You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 17

Carlisle brought Eviee downstairs, he had a look of shock on his face, his normally compassionate face was replaced with fury.

He sat her on a sofa furthest from us all and asked if she wanted some blood. She blinked, and he smiled despite himself.

I couldn’t believe it. I had waited around 45 years for her. After I first met her at school I couldn’t get her out of my mind; that one encounter was what took me to the Cullen’s when she never returned to school. I didn’t realise they were vampires and cut myself on a bit of paper. Jasper bit me, and Carlisle pulled him off of me, but by then it was too late. The venom had already begun to spread. After that everything was explained to me, so I waited for her return.

Her body returned to me but her soul hadn’t. She was a void, slipping between worlds.

Everyone was quiet watching her, she didn’t notice this. Her eyes were glazed over, like she was seeing something else, but Edward had told us she didn’t think anymore.

I took my time to look at her. Aro was right, she was more human then vampire now.

Her eyes were almost white, her skin paler than normal, even for a vampire. She looked ill, most of her skin was covered, except for her neck and face, and even then, scars were noticeable. Some were bite marks, others like she had been cut with a knife. She held herself defensively, almost shying away from everyone. Her face was emotionless-dead.

After a while Carlisle carried her back upstairs. She seemed to take too him the most. When he returned he looked at Edward.

“Anything?” he asked.

“She knows us, but she doesn’t know how. That’s it, really.”

They looked to me after that.

“Come with me. I’ll introduce you.”

We walked upstairs, then through her room. I was told it was her old room before she ran away. Carlisle put her in here in the hope that it might spark something off.

He quietly knocked on the door.

After opening the door we walked in. We found her stood; she held a piece of paper close to
her face.

I stood in the doorway whilst Carlisle went over to her. She was looking at a photograph.
She stroked someone on there. As I walked close I noticed she was looking at a picture of
herself.

“Yes, that’s you.” He told her softly, almost as if he had Edwards ability.
He walked closer to her side, and then placed a finger on top of the photograph.
“That’s Bella and Edward, Nessie and Esme, Rose and Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Jacob and I.” He pointed to each one of them in turn. “You know them; you used to live with us before...”

His voice trailed off.

I noticed he talked to her like he would a young child, knowing that the slightest thing could set her off.

She put the photo back onto the desk, and went to sit on a chair in the corner.

I was amazed. She walked slowly, yet was still graceful.

Carlisle went and knelt beside her.
“Eviee, this is Lee. You know him as well. But you might not remember him so well.” Her head slowly turned in my direction. Her white eyes burned me; I flinched, but made no move, knowing it would scare her.

“Is it okay if he comes nearer, so you can get a better look at his face? Blink if you don’t want him too.” I held my breath, but she didn’t blink.

I slowly walked towards her, cautiously like she was dangerous. I bent down in front of her.

“You need to lean a bit closer, Lee. She can’t see you that well.” So I leant closer.

I felt her eyes move across my face, I slowly placed my hand on hers.

Her memories hit me.