You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 2

I turned around, prepared to fight, even though I was outnumber 9:1.

I could smell it wasn't Moore, thought it could be anyone of his other minions.

Four men, four women and a little girl stood before me.

Three of the men stood in front of the others, almost as if to defend the rest. I saw no reason why; I wasn't a threat to any of them. I wouldn't attack unless they did.

One held his hands up as in surrender. He had white blonde hair and his golden eyes almost matched his hair. He had a look of kindness in his eyes, although still guarded. I pondered at his eye colour, wondering the reason behind them, until I saw the rest of the covens eyes.

Another had bronze hair and was almost lanky with a strong line; and the next man looked aggressive and, well to be honest, rather large.

My eyes were focused on them as it seemed they would be the most dangerous, but I couldn't help but hear a high pitched voice speak; almost in a whisper to her companion.

"Jasper? Jasper what’s wrong?" The voice was frantic.

She was a small, pixie like girl with short black hair. She clung on to her mates arm, almost pleading with him.

I looked at him next. He was tall, muscular with honey blonde, curly hair.

His mouth was open, whether with shock or surprise I couldn't tell.

"N-no. That isn't possible!" He gasped.

Everyone seemed to look at him, then me, then to the bronze haired guy.

The bronzed haired guy broke the silence first. "Who are you?" He enquired.

"Evelyn Whitlock. How about you?" I answered, a tone of pride in my name.

"...E-edward." He answered with a confused look on his face. I couldn’t understand why he had hesitated.

The white blonde haired guy spoke next. "Edward. What's going on?"

He paused. "...Jasper seems to think Evelyn is his daughter"

Everyone looked to me, then at the man who claimed to be my father. I was in a state of shock, but I wasn't the only one.

"That isn't possible. My father died around 150 years ago in the army. I'm sorry, you have the wrong person, it just can't be." I told them all, becoming defensive about my family.

"But it is." Jasper whispered

"How on earth can you be my father?"

"I had a daughter! Her name was Evelyn Whitlock!" He sounded excited.

I was speechless

"How did I not now this Jasper!" The pixie girl yelled. "And you!" She had turned on Edward "Did you know?!"

"No I didn't," He snapped back.

"It was 1860. May 14th 1860 when you was born" Jasper told me. "You had my hair but your mothers’ eyes." He looked at me and smiled "The greenest eyes I ever saw. Never cried, was just a smiley, happy baby. I was 16 when I joined the Confederate Army. You were 1. I didn’t want to leave, but I had to do my bit for the country. One day I was travelling on my horse. It was dark and I saw three women. I shall spare the details but I was changed into a vampire that night before having to participate in a different army. A totally different army. I met Alice“ He pointed to the pixie woman on his right, "several decades later and she convinced me to come and live with Carlisle. We have been here ever since."

"How did none of us ever know this, Jasper?" Edward questioned.

"I never thought about her. I didn't want anyone to now. I just deserted her, what sort of person would you all think I am?" His voice turned sad.

Jasper turned to me. "Is your mother...?"

"She’s not a vampire, at least I don't think so."

"What do you mean you don't now?"

This time I paused. "...I don't want to talk about it"

My mind again quickly played through my past, and I closed my eyes, trying to block out the images.

I heard a sharp intake of breath come from Edward.

I looked at him questionably.

"Edward can read minds." The white blonde haired guy told me. There were so many of them that at this point I wish I knew they're names.

"Forgive me" Edward said. "This is Carlisle" He pointed to the white blonde haired guy “and Esme his wife." He pointed to a strawberry blonde with a reassuring smile on her face.

"Emmett," the big, muscular guy. "And his wife Rosalie," a beautiful, statuesque blonde.
"Alice is Jaspers wife and Bella is my wife with our daughter Renesmee." A brown haired woman and the most adorable little girl.

"Pleased to meet you all." They all smiled back, but still held back, warily.

"Shall we all return home, we can discuss the matters there" Carlisle said.

I nodded my head, wanting to know what was going on.

When we got there I was lead into a huge, white mansion. It was beautiful. Fit for a queen.

Carlisle broke the silence "So then, you know Edward can read minds." I nodded my head. "Alice can see the future, Bella can block certain powers, Renesmee can put her thoughts into your head and Jasper can control emotions."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Can you do anything, Evelyn?" Jasper asked

“Yes. I can control peoples thoughts, I can make them pretty much anything I want. Not everything however, if I tried to get them to commit suicide, it would not be possible. The will for survival is simply too strong.”

They looked at me, impressed.