You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 27

“Eviee,” a voice whispered in my ear. “Eviee, it’s time to get up. We have a surprise for you.” Jasper continued to whisper in my ear followed with the occasional nudge. “Come on, you’ll love it,” he told me, and even I could hear the tone of excitement in his voice. Then suddenly I shot up, eager to see what the surprise was.

“Oh yes!” Jasper exclaimed. “I’ve still got it,” I could feel the smug grin on his face and I couldn’t help but crack a smile at my father.

“Damn you and your abilities,” I told him, grinning.

“Me?” He asked in mock surprise. “Anyway, Alice is going to be here any moment to get you ready for your surprise,” he informed me.

Right on cue I felt Alice’s presence at the door. “Well if you could leave us Jasper. I have some work to do,” she ordered, getting straight to business.

I felt Jaspers arms around my body, pulling me to him for a hug. “Good luck,” he joked, pulling away from me.

“Oh haha,” I heard Alice say from across the room.

I felt Jasper leave the room and Alice’s hand was soon in mine, pulling me into the bathroom. She sat me down in a chair, immediately getting to work. I felt her run her hands through my hair and I closed my eyes in contentment. Around half an hour later she was done with my hair, so she moved onto my face. I felt her moisturize my face and then she left it bare, putting no makeup on my skin.

She pulled on my hand again, taking me to my wardrobe I presumed. She passed me some clothes and left the room; giving me some privacy. She had passed me a pair of denim shorts, a vest top and a cardigan to throw on top. I shouted her when I had done and she came back into the room. She sat me on my bed, placing a pair of shoes on my feet and sunglasses on my face.

She stood me up again and shouted for Nessie.

“Oh Eviee, you look nice.” she told me, placing her hand on my face.

Images of me shot through my head. I was stood in front of a mirror. My blonde hair had been curled to make it look like natural waves, a pair of Avitor sunglasses framed my face. I was wearing purple converse, a pair of denim shorts, a white vest top and a purple cardigan to finish it all off.

“Thank you, Alice,” I told her, hugging her.

She laughed. “No problem, you look great. Now come on, time to get downstairs, everyone’s waiting.”

She picked me up in her arms, flying down the stairs. I giggled in delight, excited for what was going to happen.

I heard gasps and squeals of delight when Alice placed me on the ground.

“Can I have my surprise now, please?” I begged, bouncing on the ground.

I heard a few chuckles and giggles, and felt an arm wrap around my waist; Lee.

He placed a kiss on my cheek, before moving his lips to my ear. “You look beautiful,” he told me.

“Thank you,” I replied. “Can you tell me what’s happening?” I asked him, eager.

“I can, but I won’t,” he teased.

“Oh, cause that’s fair!” I exclaimed.

“Come on, follow me.” He ordered.

I felt him pull me outside, before he picked me up, placing me in a seat.

I felt him move away from me and someone else sat down next to me. It was Nessie.

I felt Lee and Jaspers presence in front of me, and finally Nessie placed her hand on my face.

I looked around to see I was in a Helicopter. My father was setting up ready to fly, with Lee as the second pilot. Stood outside in the large garden was the rest of my family. They all held broad grins on their face, ready to see us off.

Around 10 minutes later we were ready to go. I had no idea where we were going; I was just glad for the freedom. We waved goodbye to each other, and then we was in the air.

My eyes held such wonder in them, having never experienced something like this. Nessie still held her hand to my face, and I watched as we flew away from our family, into the beyond.