You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 29

I heard the waves crashing against the sand before I felt it. Lee had looped his fingers through mine as we strolled through the surf, content in listening to our gentle footfalls on the soft, grainy sand.

I felt the yellow sun shining down onto my skin, heating me up.

“Here’s a good spot,” Lee told me, breaking the silence.

He tugged on my hand, pulling me into him, before swinging me into his arms. He carried me with ease before sitting down on the sand with me on his lap. He buried his head into the crook of my neck, his breath cold on my skin. I felt his lips grazing on my skin, planting kisses along my neck. I shivered from the feeling and he chuckled against my skin, making me laugh along with him.

I moved off of his lap and lay down next to him. He moved his arm so it was under my head, supporting me, and I moved onto my side, wrapping myself into him. I hadn’t realised until this moment that he wasn’t wearing a top, so I lifted my hand onto his chest, tracing patterns into his skin.

“The sun feels nice,” I murmured.

“So do you,” I heard him whisper.

I took that as a sign to carry on, and I continued to graze my finger along his chest.

“Do you ever wonder what created us? Vampire’s I mean.” I asked him, breaking the silence.

“Sometimes, but I guess it’s the same as what created humans and animals and stuff. Evolution or something.”

“Hmmmm, it’s a strange world,” I stated.

“But also a beautiful one,” he told me. I felt him move his head and he kissed the top of my head. I smiled into his chest, my unbeating heart thumping out of my chest.

“Why are you here?” I asked him, curiosity but also sadness evident in my voice.

“Because I love you,” he replied, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“But I’m dying.” I stated. “It’s only going to hurt you more.”

I felt him stiffen underneath more, and I began to regret what I said.

After a few silent minutes, he spoke. “I guess, it’s better to have loved and lost; then to have never been loved at all.”

“It isn’t fair,” I told him, heartbreak stretching out to him in my voice. “I wish I was never sold to him. If I hadn’t, then I wouldn’t be dying now. I thought Aro loved me, but I was wrong; he just wanted a diamond. You know, I would have taken being beaten, and raped, and tortured for a million years, if it meant I could spend forever with you. I can handle knowing what will happen to me, because sooner or later I’m going to die, and then I won’t exist anymore. I’ll just be an atom, floating around in space. A memory. It’s you I feel sorry for. Because you still have to continue. And under no circumstances do you visit the Volturi or convince someone to kill you. I’m not saying you will do it, I mean you might be able to take the pain of me being gone, but you do not pull an Edward. Because as much as it pains me to say it, I won’t be there to save you.” I told him, finally finishing my monologue.

“I promise,” he told me.

“Good. I can’t stand the thought of you not being in the world.”

I felt him suddenly move from under me and soon he was hovering above me, his arms by my head, stopping himself from crushing me.

He brought his lips down on mine in a heated frenzy and I wrapped my legs around his waist without giving it any thought. I lifted my arms to the back of his neck, tangling my fingers in his hair. He moved from my face to my neck, sucking and nibbling at the spot beneath my ear.

“I love you,” I murmured into the crook of his neck, and I felt him moan in response.
Suddenly I felt a wave of cold water envelope our bodies and I shrieked. He started to laugh and I slapped at him, laughing along with him.

With my legs still wrapped around his waist he lifted us up, his hands supporting me under my bottom.

He started to move away from the ocean without much concern towards the house. He continued to kiss my face, my lips, as I ran my hands up and down his chest.

We soon entered the cottage, Lee kicking the door shut with his foot. I pulled his face down to mine, my lips at his ears.

“Make love to me,” I murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry about the long wait. Bloody school!
But I'm back now, and plan to update more often :')