You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 3

Around three months had passed since I met the Cullen’s. I never really thought about my past, and when I did Edward would stare at me, and I would shake my head. It had become a routine between us and although I knew he was burning with curiosity, he didn’t ask me anything. And for that I was thankful.

About a month in Carlisle asked us all to sit around a large table. It was for recreational purposes only; we didn’t eat, other than Nessie, so it looked odd for us all to sit around it. It was then when I learnt everyone’s stories. And although they asked me to tell them my past, I simply told them I was uncomfortable with it, and that I would tell them some other time.

We had recently just moved to Eagle River in Alaska. We would soon be starting school in Ancourage; a fact I wasn't quite looking forward to. Even before I was kidnapped I only went to school for a year.

Edward had taught me to read and write, something Emmett teased me for until Jasper did a bet with him. But I caught on quickly, of course I did. I was a vampire.

Naturally, Jasper won the fight, so Emmett could no longer tease me. Something he found quite difficult to do.

It was Alice I was having the most problems with. Although I love her to bits she kept insisting on me calling her Mom. So I decided that we should go on a hunt together-just Alice and I-and we had a little heart to heart.

I explained my situation that it simply didn't feel right to treat her like my mom. She confessed that although she did love me, she thought of me more as a sister, and was simply playing the part for Jasper.

So we agreed she would be my sister with mother like qualities.

I mostly spent my time with Emmett and Esme. I found Emmett refreshingly funny and his ability to be concerned about nothing I enjoyed.

It was the middle of the night. I was still fretting over school which us all, except Carlisle, Esme and Renesmee would be attending.

Whilst Edward, Bella, Alice and I would be juniors, Emmett, Rosalie and Jasper would be seniors.

Edward often looked at me with sympathy. Him being able to read minds can often make him insightful; and he knew I was lonely. Plus he just had to read my mind to realise I was.

Although being with the Cullen’s I had never felt more loved and part of a family, I still craved a mate.

Everyone else except Nessie and I had someone to share their love with. And Nessie couldn't sympathise as she is only a little girl.

Jasper could feel the tenor of my emotions, and even thought he questioned me daily about while I was down, he didn't know why.

I had heard him ask Edward what was up with me, I don't know his reply as I didn't want to know, but I felt as a father, he should get to know me without his ability.

I continued fretting about small little things until I felt it was an acceptable time to get ready for school. But even then it only took me around 10 minutes.

We all set down to the garage and Edward rode his Silver Volvo with Bella, Emmett and Rosalie whilst Jasper and I went into Alice’s yellow Porsche.