You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 33

Time continued to pass, but it went by unnoticed. I have lived a whole 6 months of life without Lee. And it was an unbearable 6 months. I’ve not gone back to my undead state. I still talk and interact, pretty much because I knew Lee wouldn’t like me to be boring again.

We held a funeral for Lee even though we didn’t have a body. Everybody refused to still tell me how he died and I hated it, I deserved to know. I thought back to the funeral, the hardest day of my life.

Everyone was here, including the wolves. Esme had set up a canopy in the garden, the procession would go ahead at twilight; our favourite time of day. There was a large buffet by the porch for the pack to munch their way through, and although most of them didn't want to be here, they still stayed to say their condolences and say goodbye.

Everyone was hovering around the garden; some solemn, some remembering, and some thoughtful. Soon, without any speech, we began to draw our way to the procession, where lay Lee's headstone. Everyone was going to say a few words about the beloved member of the loving coven, including me, but I didn't let it worry me, telling myself to be more like Lee.

Carlisle gently cleared his throat and made his way to the front. He adjusted his tie, his eyes on his feet, before looking up into the crowd. “Lee saw the light in all of us. He believed everyone his own, everyone is his equal. I’ll never forget that. He will be greatly missed.”

Esme soon followed, sobs already wrecking through the caring mothers being.: “Lee waited years for the one he loved.” She looked at me. “I believe he is waiting for her today. Counting down the days until he will see his beloved once again, so they can love each other for eternity.”

Alice slowly made her way as though she was walking the last walk for Lee. I noted how I felt, becoming aware that Jasper, for once, wasn't controlling my emotions. He wanted me to feel it, numbing the pain would only make it harder when the time would come when I could feel again. “Lee was brave. He wasn’t afraid to die, he wasn’t afraid to live...and he wasn’t afraid to believe. He made his own decisions, and he made good ones.”

Emmett, solemn for once, didn't suit a frown. His dimples were no longer present, and it was right then when I realised that it was a smile that made everything seem better. “Lee was strong, he was brave, he wasn’t afraid to die for what he knew was right. He was the best, and the brightest of us all.”

Edward: “Lee’s thoughts were forever pure. He thought of no one but Eviee, even in his last seconds he thought about the pain he was bringing her. How he was blessed to have seen her again, and that they will meet again one day.” He looked at me, trying to convey a message which appeared unreadable to me. He has been disbelieving towards me since yesterday, finding it difficult to understand what I was thinking, my thoughts going one hundred miles an hour.

Nessie said, “On behalf of the wolves and I, I would like to say just how much he will be missed. He completed our family, he was impossible to hate, and loved. R.I.P, Lee; wherever you are.”

Rosalie: “Lee was my best friend. I bet right now, he is up there, sat in God’s hands, laughing down at us, thinking ‘soppy gits’. He found the funny side even in the most serious of matters. I will miss that.” Rosalie was adorned in a classic black dress; the figure of beauty, even when it turmoil. Besides from me, I believed it had hit her hardest, losing her best friend who so seemed so like a brother to her.

Bella went up next, “Lee was contagious. He was happy, you were happy. He had this smile. A smile that would make everything seem okay, even if things weren’t. Now he’s gone and taken a piece of us all with him. He will forever be remembered.”

Jasper walked up to the front, before glancing at me before delivering his speech. “Lee was one of a kind. He was brave, smart, funny, and he made my daughter love him, made her happy again. I couldn’t ask for more than that. He was Lee, never to be forgotten.” Jasper walked back into the awaiting chairs, before everyone glanced at me.

And then it was my turn.

I went up to the front of everyone else. “Lee Hylton was my everything. He was my best friend and my love, my brother and my forever. I’ll love him till my last breath takes him from me, and even though it hurts so, so much, I’m glad he was in my life. Without him I’m not okay, I never will be okay, but I’m getting better knowing that he will be wherever I am. In here.” I pointed to my heart. “He will forever be in my heart, just like he will be in yours, and when I listen to my heart, it only ever whispers his name. The day when I stop loving him will be the day I close my eyes forever, and I can’t wait for that moment, because then we’ll have each other for eternity and longer, I will be able to spend eternity in his arms. I miss Lee dearly, but I will treasure his memory forever.”

After that we released a balloon in memory of Lee, hoping it will reach him in heaven. Just where he belongs.


Carlisle thinks I haven’t got much longer left, a couple of months, maybe more if I’m lucky. I can’t wait for them months to be over, so I can be reunited with Lee. I would go to hell if it meant I would be with him. I’d go to the ends of the earth just to see him one last time.