You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 34

I was currently out shopping in Seattle with Alice, Rosalie, Esme, Bella and Nessie. Of course, Alice and Rosalie were picking out numerous types of clothes out for me, forcing me into the changing rooms. Nessie would then show me it through her powers and I would decide if I liked it or not. I was walking around with a huge pair of Avatar sunglasses on my face, looking like a fool because it was raining.

In the end I bought several pair of jeans, tops and shoes. I was basic in what I wanted like Bella and Esme, whilst Alice, Rosalie and Nessie bought elaborate dresses and stilettos.
We walked from shop to shop, Esme one side of me and Nessie the other, supporting me and guiding me which way to go.

I was soon bored, just putting on what people told me to put on. When we was leaving the mall Nessie spotted a pair of shoes she liked in the window so she had left my side, I didn’t mind until I felt something bump into me, throwing me backwards.

Esme had stopped me from falling backwards and was now stabilizing me.

“Oh my god. I am so sorry!” I heard a man's voice say.

It was then I realised I had lost my sunglasses.

“Oh,” he said afterwards. I’m guessing because of my blank eyes. “Here,”

I reached my hand out and he placed the glasses in my hand. I put them on.

“Thanks” I said.

“No problem, sorry again.” He said guiltily.

“It’s fine.”

Nessie came over then. She pressed her palm to my cheek, but making it look like she was sorting my glasses out for me.

A picture of a man came into my head. He had short blonde hair, hazel eyes and was well built. He was a beautiful human and looked to be around 28. And he smelled wonderful. Like lilac and oranges.

Then Esme butted in. “You should be more careful where you’re walking,” she said sharply.

“I know. I’m sorry.” He walked away after that.

We soon arrived home, Rosalie and Alice teasing me about the handsome stranger until I told them to shut up.

I went to bed when we got home; tired with the days shopping and dreaming of Lee.

I woke the next morning feeling rather refreshed. Alice dressed me today for I was too weak to do so. She carried me downstairs, wrapping me in blankets for I was cold and handed me a bottle of blood.

“How are you feeling, Eviee?” Carlisle asked me.

“Fine.”

“Truth.” He said firmly.

“Weak...tired...aching...” I closed my eyes.

“Understandable given your condition.”

I nodded.

Emmett was watching football on TV, being his loud, usual self. Over his shouts and cheering I heard Esme ask when his friend was coming down, which he replied with soon.

“Who’s coming round?” I asked.

“A colleague of my mine. Dr. Jensen Ackles. He just got a job at Forks hospital. Now I’m looking after you I only work part time so he will be doing my other hours.”

“Oh okay.”

I zoned out on Emmett’s loud voice. Thinking back to Lee, how much I loved him. The ache in my chest came back again, and I felt warm blood trickle down my cheeks. I cried blood. No one was alarmed by it anymore. The only problem was once it started it was hard to stop.

Alice handed me a tissue then went back to the clothing catalogue she was reading.

There was a light tap on the door.

“Ah, that’ll be him.” Carlisle moved, getting up to answer the door but at a human pace.

I felt a scent fill the room, one which smelled of lilac and oranges. It was him; the man who bumped into me at the mall.