You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 35

“Nice to see you again, Carlisle.”

“Likewise, Jensen.”

“I would like to introduce you to my family. This is Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, Bella, Edward, Jasper, Nessie, Jacob, Esme my wife, and Eviee over there is looking out the window.”

“Nice to meet you all.”

I refused to turn around.

Carlisle called out to me “Alright Eviee?”

“Yes Carlisle, I’m hunky-dory given the circumstances.” My tone was sharp with him. At the moment I was angry with him for bringing a random stranger into our home, a stranger who simply smelled delicious to me.

I knew then that if I had the energy to kill him I would have done. So I chose it best to keep my distance from him; I’m sure Carlisle wouldn’t appreciate me pouncing on his colleague.

“I’m going upstairs. I feel a little unwell.”

I avoided looking at the man; I didn’t want him to notice me.

But first I went into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of blood. I downed it one, my throat feeling the uncomfortable ache for the first time in about 40 years.

I gathered that Edward and Bella must have disappeared to their cottage because otherwise he would be here, comforting me.

To go upstairs I would have to enter the sitting room again. But still, it was inevitable, so I drew in a breath, walking through the door.

I felt everyone’s eyes on me as I walked in.

“Are you sure you’re okay, Eviee?” Carlisle asked, concerned.

“Fine!” I snapped again. Oh crap, I had just breathed in through my nose. I felt his scent hit me again, knocking me backwards. I began to cough, covering my mouth I felt warm liquid hitting my hand; blood.

I felt myself grew weaker once again, and I my knees collapse from underneath me. The last thing I heard was Esme screech “Eviee!”