You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 37

I sucked in a breath.

“When Eviee was one year old, I was turned into a vampire. I never returned to her and her mother. It was too dangerous. Then one day, Alice and I met the Cullens. Around 150 years after I was turned into a vampire, we ran into Eviee. Turns out she had been turned into a vampire, but she had only just managed to run away from her kidnappers. She lived with us for around half a year, then one day she just ran away. She went to Volterra. 40 years later Aro brought her to me. Told Carlisle and I that she hasn’t spoken for 38 years, never showed any emotion. You want to know why?” I gave him the option, and then if he didn’t like it, it was his own fault.

“Why?”

“He made her fall in love with him. And then he sold her for a diamond. He sold her to the man who kidnapped her, raped her; beat her when she was a child, before he turned her; just so she could suffer even more. And he did the same to her this time around. Only much worse.”

I turned the light on to raise the harsh, puckered lines which was her skin. I looked at him to see him retching. But I continued. “You want to know why she is dying. The man starved her of blood. She is already blind, she is slowly becoming human. Only thing is, she can’t be human. It’s killing her. My daughter is dying.”

I removed the light from her body. Carlisle had finished with the cast. I picked her up, carrying her into her bedroom.

I gently kissed her forehead. “Sleep well, my angel. Dream happy dreams, go, and be with Lee.” I murmured against her skin.

I turned around to see Jensen was stood at the doorway. “Who’s Lee?”

“He was her boyfriend. He was killed.” I stalked past him after that.

I went downstairs, everyone had returned and I presumed Carlisle had told them everything. I sat by Alice and she clasped onto my hand. “It will all work out in the end,” she whispered in my ear.

*****

A little while later I was sat in Eviee’s room, willing her to wake up. She was still beautiful even with all the scars and eyes. She looked much more like me with scars, I had plenty. Carlisle said earlier she had about 2 weeks left. 2 weeks! What would I do? He had no idea how it would end for her. Would it be painful, or would she simply fall asleep and never wake up? Would it be unexpected, or will we have time to say goodbyes?

She would be with Lee again, but at a cost. Death. No doubt Aro would want to know the details so he can write it in his little filthy book of his along with immortal children and vampire hybrids.

“How do you do it?” I whirled around to see none other then Dr. Jensen Ackles stood at the doorframe.

“Do what?”

“Just be around her, acting like everything will be okay?”

“Because everything will be okay; for her at least.”

“What do you mean?”

“When she’s gone...when she’s gone she will finally be with Lee. They were made for each other, but fate intervened. I make out everything is okay because I don’t want to cause her any distress, it will just make it worse. She knows she is dying, but she doesn’t know it will be soon; so don’t tell her, please. ‘Panton venio parumper causa’. That’s what she says. Everything happens for a reason and she accepts that. She’s strong. Just not strong enough to fight death.”

“Thank you, Jasper. It’s nice to understand better.”

“I haven’t told anyone this, but I have thought about her funeral. I think it will be best if she is cremated. We shall still do a headstone for her, but I have no idea what to put on it.”

“Just put what comes from your heart. Eviee knows you love her, everyone does.”