You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 40

Several days passed by and I felt the end drawing nearer. I was bed stricken, I couldn’t keep blood down and I was awake for only around an hour before I slept for the rest of the day.

No one dared go hunt anymore, afraid that if they went it would be the last time they would see me. I was afraid as well, that if they were to go then I wouldn’t see them again either.

These people were my family, each hour I was awake, someone would just come in, one at a time, and we would just talk.

Emmett had come in, he played a bit of piano, talked about sex with Rosalie and joked about how it was my fault he wasn’t ‘getting any’.

Alice had come in and I told her to look after my family for me, especially Jasper.

Rosalie just talked about herself and Emmett, and I was actually thankful. She wasn’t all weepy; she got on with life and what it threw at her.

Edward played the piano for me and we talked about Nessie.

Bella talked about Lee. I enjoyed that. I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with him.

Nessie, Jacob and Seth visited me together. We talked about pointless stuff and Nessie would show me stupid images of Jacob and Seth.

Esme would just hug me and tell me everything would be okay. I have let her design my urn though; a task which she took with great pleasure but also despair.

I had just woken up, Carlisle and Jasper was left to talk to me. I felt the door open, and smelt a scent I hadn’t smelt in a while.

“How are you, Eviee?” the voice asked.

“Been better thanks,” I answered stiffly.

“Been a while since I’ve heard that voice.”

“It was all your fault, Aro,” I reminded him.

“I know,” the voice answered tiredly.

“Can I touch your hand, please, Eviee?”

“Knock yourself out.”

He touched my palm.

“Who is Lee?” he asked sharply.

“He was the love of my life; he was killed.”

“I’m sorry,” he said fakely.

There was an awkward silence which seemed to last around 5 minutes.

“Why are you hear, Aro?”

“I...I was told you didn’t have much longer left.”

“I don’t but there was no reason for you to trouble yourself for a visit.”

“I love you, Eviee.” He reminded me.

“No you don’t. You never did. You sold me to him, he starved me of blood. You are killing me. This is all your fault. All for a stupid fucking diamond! If you love me, you will leave me, don’t look back.” I told him sharply.

“If...if that’s what you want.”

I nodded.

“Goodbye, Eviee.” I ignored him.