You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 41

After Aro left I soon fell asleep; tired with the day’s events. The next day Jasper came in, asking if I was okay.

I told him I was fine after yesterday and that I was ready to speak to Carlisle. He soon left and Carlisle came in.

“My turn today, Eviee?”

“Oh yeah,” I added with a smirk.

I felt him sit down next to me, and take my hand gently in his.

“The end is close, Carlisle.” I told him.

“I know,” he said sadly.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while.

“Just think, once I’m gone you’ll be able to go back to your wonderful job of sucking patient’s blood.” I joked.

He chuckled. “Funny, Eviee. Really.” He said sarcastically.

“Just trying to lighten the mood gramps.” I joked again.

“Gramps? I rather like that.”

“It suits you.”

“When I’m gone, what will happen to me?”

“We’re holding a funeral for you, you’ll be cremated if that’s okay with you, but we still plan on doing a headstone in the garden with you so you’ll still be close to Lee.”

I sniffled. “Thank you, Carlisle. For everything you have done.” I gave his hand a weak squeeze which was the most I could manage.

He kissed me on top of my head. “Sleep Eviee. You need to rest.”

“Wait, Carlisle.”

“Wait is it?”

“I’m scared to close my eyes. What if I don’t wake up?”

“If you don’t wake up, then you can close your eyes knowing you will soon be with Lee. Your last thought can be filled of how much everyone here loves you.” His voice hitched. “You have a family here, Eviee; a family that will be sad to see you’re gone. You will always be in our heart and our thoughts.” He began to sob. “But...but if it helps...I’m here. I’m not leaving you; I promise.”