You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 42

I woke up the next morning, finding it difficult to breathe. My whole chest was aching.

It was then I realised that everyone was with me. Someone pressed their hand to my cheek, and images flashed through my head. My entire family was starring down at me, aiming to smile, but coming out more as if they were in pain.

“I...I guess this it then, aye?” I breathed slowly.

Carlisle nodded at me. “Yes, Eviee. It seems today is your last day.”

I slowly looked around at each person.

Carlisle was first. He had a hand in mine. He was looking down, shaking quietly, with an arm wrapped around Esme, who was sobbing rather loudly. She didn’t try to hide it. She was showing everyone’s pain.

Rosalie was next. She had a determined expression on her face, like she didn’t want to cry, but she refused to look my way.

Emmett was next to her. He blew a kiss and winked my way, but rather then smiling he was grimacing.

Bella was hidden in Edwards chest who had an arm wrapped around her. He nodded at me, a nod which seemed to hold all his emotion; a nod that meant he knew it was time for me to go.

Jacob and Seth was stood side by side, unsure of what to do. Seth was already crying, and Jacob looked at him awkwardly, before he finally tapped him lightly on the cheek.

Alice was next to Jasper with a torn expression. She had a look of horror written on her face, sobbing quietly to herself.

But Jaspers expression was the hardest, he had his hand in mine, and for once he was showing everything he felt. His body was shaking frantically, strangled sobs escaping him even though he had his lips clamped together.

I squeezed his hands. “It’s okay.” I whispered.

“No, it’s not...I don’t want you to go.” He said childishly.

“But I have to go.”

He was about to say something more but Edward cut him off.

“Eviee, remember before Lee died, he left you a letter. He told you to open it at the close. Shall I do it, or would you....”

“You please,” I answered slowly.

So Edward began. “Dear Eviee, if you are reading this then it is as I feared. I love you. With all my heart, and we will soon be together again. R.I.P my darling angel. I will soon be with you. Only yours, Lee.”

I felt warm liquid run down the side of my face, but I held the rest back, needing to be strong,
I kept finding it more and more difficult to breathe.

“I’m tired.” I told them all. Nessie removed her hand from my face, I’m guessing to stand beside Jacob. My breathing became shallow, and my eyes began to droop.

Carlisle spoke. “R.I.P Eviee. The world will be a darker place without you, as with our hearts.” Someone’s sobbing became louder.

So with my last breathe I spoke. “Than...thank...you.” I murmured.

I began to let go of the cliff I was hanging on to; and in the murmur of the wind I felt my father’s voice whisper to me. “I love you,” and then a gentle pressure on my forehead. And with that, I let go of the cliff forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
still not finished yet! (: