You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 5

I never got the opportunity to speak with Justin in English. I was seated on the opposite side of the classroom to him and we had to work in silence, though people found ways to stare at me.

Trigonometry I was with Bella, so no one dared to approach us and in Chemistry I was with Alice, and were forced to sit in silence.

Lunch was the perfect time for everyone to stare openly. In the lunch line we had most of the cafeteria staring at us, before we sat at a table furthest from everyone.

Our untouched food sat in front of us, though I enjoyed fiddling with it.

"So Eviee." Jasper asked. "How has your day been so far?"

"Good. Yourselves?"

Everyone murmured a 'fine.'

"Make any friends?" He continued.

"A girl named Claire. She seems decent enough. Brave to say the least."

"See? What did I tell you? You had nothing to be afraid of." Edward bragged.

Across the hall I saw a table of seniors all gossiping between themselves and glancing at us.

There were 4 boys talking together, and a bunch of girls who was too interested in doing their makeup. I had watched a lot of American sitcoms in the past weeks, and learnt they were what you called jocks and preps or something. Still, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

I was able to make out what they were saying.

"I'm telling you. I will be in her pants by the end of the week. Once she sees me, she won’t be able to resist my charm."

"Prove it" said another boy.

A boy started making his way other to our table his eyes on me. He had short black hair and brown eyes. He was muscular and beautiful for a human, but now that we had arrived, he would have felt a letdown. Everything went quiet as he dared to come near us.

He slid up near me.

"Hey." He purred.

"Hi." I replied curtly.

"I have a band aid for you"

"Why on earth would I need a band aid?"

"When you feel from heaven."

I felt Jasper stiffen, and I turned my head slightly towards him, winking.

"No thanks" I said "I don’t feel like catching some sexual infection."

Emmett laughed loudly, startling everyone. Alice’s tinkling laugh could be heard, whilst Rosalie, Edward and Bella tried to suppress their laughter.

The boy was still stood there, thinking hardly. I felt sorry for Edward at that point.

This is when Jasper steps in.

"Are you still here?!" He hissed.

The boy just looked at him, gawping.

So I let my mind expand, stretching out into his, forcing him to turn around, but also causing him to fall on his way over.

The whole cafeteria burst into laughter, whilst we got up to get to next lesson.

I had physics alone next. The stupid teacher forced me to introduce myself. I didn't want to do it, but Rosalie had taught me to be confident and make others jealous.

"Hey. My names Evelyn Whitlock and I just moved here from Forks with my family."

The teacher spoke up. "Excellent. Anyone have any questions?"

A bunch of people stuck there hand up.

I noticed the boy from the cafeteria was here. He spoke first.

"Are you single?" He raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"...Yes" I admitted grudgingly whilst the boys in the room erupted in cheers.

The teacher picked someone else.

"My place or yours?"

I grinned flirtatiously at him. He leaned in, smirking. "How about I go to my place, and you go to yours?" Changing my expression to become dark.

People started laughing whilst the boy scowled.

"Alright, alright." said Miss Spring. "Take a seat at the back there next to Mr. Hylton."

I walked towards the direction she was pointing sitting myself down next to the assigned boy.

He had mid length dirty blonde hair, with sparking green eyes and a gorgeous complexion.

We didn't speak, but simply smiled at each other.

Turns out we were partners for the rest of the year. We had a project to do which involved a speaking and listening assignment on each other.

He turned to me.

"So then, how about we start off with the basics?" he said to me.

"I think that could work out." I smiled.

"My name is Lee Hylton. I am 17 years old and have lived in Ancourage all my life. Your turn."

"My name is Evelyn Whitlock, as you already found out. I'm 16, and previously lived in Forks, but we move around allot."

He smiled at me. I genuinely liked this boy; he didn't try it on with me and had a contagious smile and was just easy to be around.

"Tell me a bit more about yourself." He ordered.

"There’s not much to know." I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly.

Lie.

"I'm pretty much your average teenager."

Another lie.

"How about family?"

"My siblings and I were fostered by Carlisle and Esme. That’s all there is to it really."

"How about your real parents."

"My mum died when I was young, and I never knew my father."

"Oh."

We talked for what seemed like hours after that. We instantly connected.

I learnt that he is an only child who lived with both his mother and father. He adored his Grandma and his dog and enjoyed skating and swimming.

Already it felt like we were lifelong friends. It was just a shame that more or less everything he knew about me was a lie.