You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 6

I met everyone else at the cars waiting to go home. We got in, the gentle purr of the cars silent as we left the school grounds.

"So Eviee, make any friends?" Jasper asked.

"Yup. This lad called Lee and lass called Claire. How about you?"

"Course not. You seem to be the only approachable Cullen." He chuckled.

Suddenly Alice’s face went blank. When she came out of her reverie, she looked around at us all.

"Jacob is moving to live with us."

Edward, Bella and Renesmee had all brought me up to date on the pack and the whole imprinting thing. I found it odd, but then again, we aren’t exactly normal.

"Rose won’t be happy," said Alice.

We soon got home, and I repeated the same answers I replayed earlier to everyone else.
It wasn't long till we heard the heavy foot fall of a wolf.

Everyone but Rose and I went outside to greet him. I heard Nessie squeal in delight, Bella and Edward going forward to greet him, whilst everyone else stayed back from the smell.
He came in with Nessie in his hands. He was very tall and muscular, not next to Emmett but compared to Edward he was massive. He was wearing cropped shorts and his hair stuck in random selections.

He stopped short at the sight of me.

"Oh."

"Jake, this is Eviee." Edward told him.

"How do you do?" I spoke, making no effort to move.

"Fine." He answered.

I got up to leave then.

"I'm going to go hunt." I told the others. I picked up on their hunting activities, although I didn’t
mind hunting humans, I felt I should at least try.

"I'll come with you."Jasper said.

"She wants to be alone, Jazz,” Edward told him.

"Oh, right."

So I ran. When I was about 20 miles for our home. I stopped to think.

I didn't want to return to Carlisle’s home. But I had no were else to go. I didn't belong anywhere. It always felt as though my mind wasn't the same as everyone else’s. I was different; never on the same page as others.

I started running again. I knew where I was going, I had to be fast so Alice couldn't catch me, she would no immediately where I was going.

She would know I was going to the Volterra.

...

I sat on the plane, agitated for it to take off. Of course if they found me I could just control them, make them turn around. But that would be a last resort. I never wanted to use my power on my family; it would kill me to do it.

I took out my phone and sent a message to Jasper.
Dad. Don't bother coming to get me. I won’t return. Say thank you to everyone for me. I never truly belonged. Hopefully I'll belong here. Love you all, Eviee x

The plane set off then, and I was glad to be getting away.

I had heard the story of the Volturi. How they wanted to kill Nessie and they acted as the forcers of the vampire world.

Maybe I would belong there. I guess I would never know until I got there.

The credit card burnt a hole in my pocket. Carlisle forced me to carry it everywhere with me, and for once I was glad I listened to him.

I spent the rest of the two flights thinking about my past, but I also had a bit of fun with the
snotty stewardess.

I had made her ask her if someone would accompany her to the bathroom and got her finger stuck in someone’s mouth. I enjoyed myself.

The plane jolted onto the runway. It was close to midnight so I didn't have to worry about the sun.

I ran to Volterra, taking me less than an hour. My thoughts wondered to Lee Hylton. Would he miss me? Probably not. He had a lot of friends to keep him occupied.

I walked up to a large drain. Sliding down it after remembering Edward tell me the story of Bella’s first encounter with the Volturi.

I walked through the underground tunnels, unaffected by the cold and dark. After all, I was a vampire.

I then entered a high ceiling room. Inside stood around 40 vampires. At the front 3 men stood. Proud and arrogant.

One moved forward. He wore a black cloak, and had jet black hair, "Welcome!"