You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 8

I walked around the castle halls, searching for something to do. Aro had informed me he had some business to sort out with Caius and Marcus, and that I should go and entertain myself until Heidi returned with the meals.

I had resumed my previous hunting activities. I preferred human blood and found no discomfort in killing people. Even though knowing my background I should sympathise with them. The truth was I couldn't. No one had saved me when I was a human, so why should I save them?

As I walked through the corridors, I stumbled across a library. I went inside, marvelling at the different books they had. I also caught sight of the first bible ever made, and amongst the walls were paintings. None were fake.

I picked up a random book and began to read, but my thoughts drifted off to Aro. I loved him, he picked me up when I was down, made me laugh and loved me with such a passion that I thought it was impossible.

But I couldn't help but let my mind wander to my previous family. Do they miss me? Do they even notice that I'm gone? Although I missed them terribly, they would survive without me. But even then, I felt I should write a note, hoping Alice would see it.

I grabbed a pen and paper:
I'm safe, I'm happy, I'm sorry.
Please don't hate me-I made the right choice.

I threw it in the bin after that. If she was looking out for me she would have seen it.

I gradually began to hear many heartbeats creep through the castle. I quickly retreated to the grand hall, were we hunted all our meals.

Aro greeted me with a passionate kiss, before he, Marcus and Caius went to stand at the front of the 40 odd crowd.

The crowd of humans soon entered, and we all devoured.

When all the humans were gone, and just bodies remained, Aro had Demetri and Felix burn the bodies, before we continued into our room.

"How did you find that meal?" Aro enquired.

"Delightful. How about you?"

"I don't know. I was having too much fun watching you suck someone dry. It was quite a turn on." He winked at me whilst I giggled.

"Glad I can please you." I smirked, leading him to the bed.

* * *

We lay side by side, naked except for the a cover, enclosing us together.

"That was wonderful." I said, planting a delicate kiss on his lips.

“It was.” He agreed.

We lay in comfortable silence for a while, until he decided to break it.

"Eviee?"

"Yes?"

"You know I love you, don't you?" He sounded wary, and I wondered why.

"Of course, as I love you. Why?"

"I need you to do me a favour. Do you promise you will do it for me?"

"I promise. What is it?" My curiosity was aflame.

"I made a deal with someone. He said I could have the most valuable thing in the world, an orfenmetacio diamond, if I gave him something."

"What?"

"He wants you."

"Me?" I spluttered. "Why me?! Have you agreed to this?"

"Yes. But it is only for five years." He rushed, trying to calm me.

"I don't care! Why do it? I thought we loved each other."

"I do love you. That is why I am doing it. The diamond! I want it so I can have it put on a ring
for your finger. I want you to realise that I don't want the most valuable thing in the world, unless it is with you."

That shut me up. I quickly thought of what he said. It couldn't be that bad. 5 years would pass quickly and I was strong, I inwardly sighed. "Fine, I will do it."

He passionately kissed me, before backing away, pulling me up from the bed.

"Get dressed. He will be here soon." I did as he said.

After we were done, we grabbed each other’s hands, walking down to the grand hall once
again.

This time only Caius, Marcus, Jane, Alec, Demetri, Felix, Aro and I were there.

Aro pressed his forehead to mine. "Thank you." He whispered his voice full of gratitude.

“Anytime.”

Just then the door swung open. And in walked a man dressed in black. He had deep red menacing eyes, and a smirk fitted onto his face. He had many crescent moon shaped scars adorning his face and body.

He looked at me. "Hello Sweetie." He said, walking over to me before stroking my cheek with the back of his hand. His voice was deep, husky, but at the same time frightening. I stood immobilized by fear.

Finally, I was able to speak.

"NO!" I gasped.

It was him. John Moore. My worst enemy.