Memoirs of a Love Story

Where Is Your Boy Tonight

As soon as I got out of the chat with Spencer, I went about normally trying not to raise suspicions with Czaree, who was just watching MTV Cribs because Fall Out Boy was on there, and she had been invited to dinner by Joe the other day whilst visiting the Panic residents. The dinner she was going to was tonight, and she was meeting Brendan any minute now to go buy a nice dress for the occasion.

“You sure you’ll be right tonight?” said Czaree, when there was a knock at the door and Brendan was there.

“Yeah I will be fine,”

“Ok… hang on babe I got to grab my bag,” said Czaree going into her room. He nodded in acknowledgment to me and took a quick glimpse about our small hotel room and nodding in approval.

“Nice place you got here,” he said finally breaking the ice.

“Yeah, its ok I guess,” I said staring at the floor; I could only imagine what he thought of me now. Awkward silence set back in

“Ok I’ve got it, I will see you tomorrow morning ok?”

“Yeah sure, have funs. Oh and say hi to Pete for me,” I said winking, and closing the door behind them. I looked at my watch jeez; by the time Brendan had arrived, it was 5 pm, where were they going to get a dress at this hour I thought quietly to myself. I went to the bathroom, turned on my hair straightened, and went back to my bedroom to pick out my clothes. I really had no idea what to wear.

’Cause you don’t always get what you want!! rang on my phone

“Yellow”

“Yellow? No this is Spence.”

“Oh hey, what you want?” I asked. I felt a smile creep slowly upon my face.

“Nothing…” he said

“O-Kay… um I was wondering what you are wearing to this club thing?”

“Why?” he asked, I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Cause I have nothing to wear!” I said shyly into the phone.

“Nonsense I had a dress sent over hours ago”

“What?” I said puzzled

“Well I am good friends with Marie Winterz one of the designers for Clandestine Clothing and well she gives me free clothes like designs off the cat walk, and well I sent one over to you.”

“I won’t fit into the catwalk models size!” I said stunned, how thin did he think I was? I was an Australian size 14, and well that is not exactly catwalk model size.

“Ok, I lie. I found out your dress size on one of your blogs, when you said you bought this hot red dress from jay jays, and it was a really nice fit for a 14.”

“Right… well it still doesn’t explain why I didn’t get it.”

Buzz “Miss Murphy um we have a special delivery here if you want it sent up” said the concierge

“Yeah, sure send it up…” I said into the phone. “Jeez talk about timing,” I said to Spencer who just laughed.

“So, what room you in? So I can pick you up tonight”

“203” I said, as there was a knock on the door.

“Ah right near the elevator.”

“Yeah…” I said opening the door and there was Spencer talking on the phone holding a box with my name on it.

“Surprise!” he said smiling. Wow I thought this guy is ten times cuter in person. I read the note on the box, Aimee, I hope you like the dress. I had Marie Winterz design it especially for you. I miss you so much and I did not send that email my manager did. Please do not hate me. Ryan

“Ok, I lied I didn’t get you the dress…” he confessed

“Wow, so he still really likes me?” I said stunned.

“Yeah, can you please meet him?”

“Ok…” I said reluctantly

“Great he is in the lobby” Spencer said smiling.

“Oh god, um well I will quickly put this on and be down in 5”

“Yeah, I’ll wait for you. Okay.”

I ran into the room and put on the dress, it was a perfect fit. I quickly straightened my hair, reapplied my eyeliner, and put on a pair of swish stilettos I had bought earlier that went with the dress perfectly.

I went out and Spence was watching the TV, and stopped and looked at me when I came out. “Wow, Ryan chooses well.” He said offering me his arm and we walked out of the room into the elevator. Ding went the elevator and the doors opened the concierge was waiting for us.

“Ah Miss Murphy and Mr. Smith, Mr. Ross is waiting in the limo.” He said, we thanked him and walked outside.

“There he is!!” yelled a guy and before we knew it we were surrounded by a mob of paparazzi surrounded us. After Panic released their second album the name became a household name, and they were considered the next big thing. The critics where already calling them The Beatles of the 2000s. Out of instinct, Spencer put his arm around me and we pushed our way to the awaiting limo. The limo pulled away and we could see the paparazzi trying to get there shots. This was the first time in my life I had actually feared for my life.