Memoirs of a Love Story

The Trial of Smith

“How could you?” said Spencer’s girlfriend Alexis three days after the incident.

“What are you on about?” He said stunned, and I looked on too, I knew exactly what she was on about today. The paparazzi had labeled us a couple, and of course, I had gotten some rather bad press. On the account of me apparently two-timing on Ryan. I never wished more that I could become invisible then now, I could not walk down the street without someone recognizing me, and I could not handle it.

“You said you loved me, and then you go behind not only my back, but Ryan’s to and date that thing,” she said pointing at me.

“Whoa, can I at least explain my side of the story,” he said piping up. She stood there with an unimpressed look and tapping her feet, just daring him to go on. “Well, Ryan wanted me to smooth things out with Aimee, and yeah I did,” he said, wow that was the most ridiculous explanation ever!

“What he meant to say was that me and Ryan where fighting, and I wouldn’t talk to him. So poor old Spence got caught up and then he like… well Ryan was in the limo, they just didn’t see him and they took the whole situation out of context,” I said,

“Is that true Ryan?” she said when Ryan entered the room.

“Yeah it is,” he said without asking what was going on.

“Hmm… well ok then… but next time you could tell me if something is going to come out ok hun?” she said kissing his nose. She was such a blonde bimbo, I thought as her and Spencer left the room.

“We need to talk…” I said uneasily to Ryan, and he looked quite uncomfortable himself.

“What about?” he said sitting on the chair next to me and nervously running his hands through his hair.

“I love you Ryan, you the best guy friend I have ever had, but I can’t do this”

“Do what?”

“I can deal with the press, they swamp me in the street, and the teenies. They’ve found my MySpace and Face book page and well you don’t want to know what they are saying.”

“So what are you saying?” he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“I’m so sorry… I am going back to Australia. I’ve been offered a job at Triple J hosting the morning show with my friend Geri”

“I’ll come with you!” he said grabbing my hand and caressing it. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes why was he making this so hard.

“You have your tour, and promoting your new album. You need to be here with your band. But it doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.”

“So… there is nothing I can do to make you stay is there?”

“I’m afraid not…”

“You know, I always knew this day would come… just well not so soon,” he said

“Me too…” I said, I felt tears building up, and I turned so he could not see me cry. He grabbed my face and turned it towards him. I looked for one last time into those deep brown eyes, as I knew once I left the chances of seeing him again where slim to none. Time seemed to slow, and we moved in closer until our lips lightly pressed on each other’s. I felt my heart explode with a flurry of energy and as the kiss intensified, I began to regret taking up the job.

“That was fun…” I said when we finally parted, and he blushed “…you know you can um always come and visit. I mean you’re the rich super star with all the money.”

“To true,” he said smiling, then leaning in and kissing me again.

“When do you leave?”

“Tonight at 10,”

“Wow… ok we should get you ready,”