‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

Back to the Place We Knew Before

Mikayla

Chapter Nineteen.
Mikayla

On Christmas Eve, Rian and I decided to spend the night together. I was exhausted from hauling around this 25lb watermelon under my shirt, so I was ready for bed around ten. Rian snuggled in close to me as I tried to get comfortable. Lying on my back was the worst possible thing for spine, so I tried to lay on my side, then switched to the other. There was no use, so I just lay there, spooning with Rian. I swear I had only closed my eyes for a second when Rian shook me awake.

“Mikayla, baby, wake up. I have to give you your gift.” I looked at the clock 3:07am.

“Really? Right now? I just got to sleep.” I mumbled, annoyed.

“Please just come with me.”

“Come with you? Why can’t you just go get it? I’m sleepy.” I groaned. First he wakes me up before the sun even rises, then he expects me to get out of bed.

“Just come on.”

“Let me pee first.”

Once everything was situated, we got in his car and he drove me to this building that looked like a hotel.

“Rian, you got us a hotel room for Christmas? Really?” I said, unamused. We got in the elevator, and he pressed the button that said 4.

“Just wait.” We got out and walked into a hallway.

“Rian, what are we doing here?” He pulled out a key and unlocked a door that read 428 in shiny gold letters. He opened the door, and stepped aside to let me through. “Who’s house is this?”

“Well you know how I went on tour, right? And we made quite a bit of money. And I didn’t spend any of it other than on gas and food, and with what I had left I combined with what I had saved for college and bought a condo. For us to live in. With the baby. Look he’s even got his own room and everything!” he pulled me through the already furnished living room, past a kitchen to face two doors right next to each other. One had a decoration mounted on it, a baby lion holding a sign that said “Baby’s Room,” but the other was bare. “Here, this is the baby’s room.” He opened the door to show a room that was painted beautifully. It was pastel yellow on top with pastel green “grass” painted from the floor halfway up the wall with baby jungle animals peeking out from behind the “grass.”

Against the wall to the right there was the crib and changing station I already had, which was a medium dark stained wood, but both were decked out with the same baby jungle animal blankets and sheets and pillows. On the wall opposite the door, there were two windows with a toy chest between them, and to the left was a rocking chair and dresser. The last wall was a quaint little closet. There were jungle decorations on the walls, and even a floor rug with the jungle theme. It was amazing.

“Rian, how’d you do all of this without me knowing?”

“Well I had Brae paint the walls after showing her the blankets and stuff, and she helped pick out accessories and stuff, and tonight you passed out at like 10, so I made Finn and Alex help me move the furniture, and as soon as we got done I kicked them out of here, took a shower real quick, and went back to your house to get you.

“Rian, I can’t believe you did all of this. This is absolutely amazing.”

“No, wait. You didn’t see our room yet!” He took my hand again, and pulled me to the door right next to the baby’s. “Close your eyes!” he said before opening the door. I closed my eyes, and he put his hand over them, before opening the door with his other hand. He led me into the room carefully, then finally, “Okay, take a look.”

My vision was returned, and I looked around, unable to take this all in. The walls were a grey colour, and the bed had a dark brown quilt on it with a MILLION pillows of all shapes and sizes that were light blue with the same dark brown accents. The bed was HUGE. It had to be a king, and there was a wall mounted television across from the bed and artwork on the walls. On the wall to the left of he bed there was another door, which Rian told me led to a bathroom. Two bedroom, 1.5 bath, hardwood floors, brand new furniture. This couldn’t have been cheap. It was the nicest looking condo I’d ever seen in my entire life, and I was so glad that it was mine. I was finally getting what I deserved, and it couldn’t have felt better.
♠ ♠ ♠
After countless comments, I finally caved and posted.
loljk, no one commented. HOWEVER, I would love love love
for comments. Like, you have no idea. My tits are sun-burnt to a crisp,
and the only thing better than aloe is comments.
Love you all. <3
--Meghannnnnnnnnnnnn!