‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

Back to the Place We Knew Before

Mikayla.

I was sitting around in the break room during my lunch break at Gerrity’s. I hated my job. I had to stand all day on my achy, swollen feet and ring up people’s food orders. So boring. Luckily I was granted an hour’s lunch every day. Mind you, I hated my lunch break because it meant I’d have to sit alone in the break room, chowing down some of the nasty food my mom made me eat. Seriously, a spinach salad? Ew. I didn’t care if this kid needed nutrients, I hated eating this shit.

So as I sat there, I glanced up at the clock. It was 1.12pm, which meant Jack would be calling any minute. It was routine. Every Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday he’d call at approx. 1.15. My phone rang not thirty seconds later, and I prepared myself for the usual Jack conversation.

“Yeah?” I answered.

“Mikaylaaaaa” he whined.

“What?” I replied, uninterested.

“I hate Alex.”

“Any new reason why, or just the same old bullshit?”

“He’s got what I want, what I’ve wanted for years, and he doesn’t even appreciate it. Seriously, he’s all cute around Raegan, but then as soon as Flyzik asks her to help him with anything, he runs off to spend time with this Jess girl, Amber Pacific’s merch girl.”

“What?!” I said, a little more happily that I would have liked to let on.

“Yeah, he just hangs out with her all day while poor Raegan is running all over the place, making sure everything is in order. This Jess girl’s a fucking slut, too. She’s always wearing these tight clothes. She’s gross. Why can’t she just see that he hasn’t changed at all?”

“That’s it, Jack!”

“What’s it?”

“You need to make her see.” I said with a plan a-brewing. “You need to make her see.”

“How do I do that? We haven’t even spoken since before tour kicked off.”

“You just wait until Alex and Jess’s flirtations escalate to the point where he brings her to the bus alone, then tell Raegan that Flyzik said to get something on the bus for him, and then bam! She walks in on a little Alex-on-Jess action, is heartbroken and runs straight into your arms. It can’t fail.”

Jack thought it was a terribly mean idea, but he was willing to do anything to be with Raegan. As for me, I was just glad she’d finally be suffering, and it wouldn’t just be me with the dramatic life. Her happiness was about to disintegrate, and I would be there watching and laughing to myself. I couldn’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story has
23 Readers. 13 Subscribers. 3 Comments.
I'm personally stoked for having more than
half of the readers subscribing, however,
3 Comments is kind of pathetic. I asked one
of the readers if subscription e-mails were
working, and she said that they were, so it's
kind of crumby that no one's commenting. :/
However, if your e-mails aren't arriving at your
inbox, just check back. We've been writing like
crazy. Katie's already got the next chapter written
in its entirety, and I'm almost done with the one
after that. So idk, I mean we just want to know
that someone out there is reading this. So comment
even if it's just a smiley face and no words, that's awesome.
Or if it's constructive criticism, like one person did
because I misspelled "Flyzik." That was awesome, I
really appreciated it. So, you know, just let us
know that you guys are still breathing out there, kay?
:]