‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

Back to the Place We Knew Before

Braelyn.

Months flew by in what felt like the blink of an eye, time just flew by when I was with Finn. He knew how to make me laugh and was as sweet as could be. Finn just made my focus less on what I didn’t have (my sister, my dog, my friends) and more on what I did have (my art, my education, him).

It was almost December which meant I would head home for winter break for about a month. I was thrilled; I’d have a whole month with my friends before I headed back to New York City and began a new semester.

“I love this movie!” I screamed as Finn flicked through different channels.

“Isn’t this a Halloween movie?” he asked, throwing himself down on his bed next me.

“Yes. The best Halloween movie!” I responded, laying on my stomach with my head propped up on my hands.

“It’s Christmas time, why is this on?”

“Shh! It’s fucking Hocus Pocus, Finn! Don’t question it, it’s a gift from the heavens!”

Finn simply laughed at me, laying beside me on his entirely too small bed. He watched intently until commercials came on, then he rolled of the side of his bed and laid flat on his back.

“What are you doing?” I asked, leaning over the edge of his bed.

“Staring.” He answered blankly.

“Oh, right. Sorry.” I laughed, then re-positioned myself back to my previous spot.

I watched mindlessly as a holiday commercial for Old Navy played, sending excitement through my entire being. I had already found the perfect gifts for Jack and Alex. I had no idea what to get Reagan, as usual. Rian was easy to shop for, he was generally pleased with just about anything. Mikayla was a bitch to shop for, I usually gave her gift cards or money. She liked it better that way. I wasn’t sure if I should get Zack anything.

I always told myself that if we broke up, I wouldn’t be the bitter person I was being. I promised myself that I wouldn’t let things get awkward between us, that we’d go back to being friends. Understandably, I didn’t expect us to go back to being BFFs but I didn’t want us to enemies…no matter how much pain he caused me.

“What’re you doing for break?” Finn asked from the floor.

“Going back to Maryland to see my friends and family.”

Finn sighed “Are you going to be gone for the entire month?”

“I planned on it, yeah. Why?”

“Because I don’t want you to leave.” I could picture the pout on his face, sure enough when I leaned over the edge of his mattress it was plastered on his face.

“You’re so gay.” I laughed at him.

“I am not, you should know this better than anyone!” He smirked, shooting his eyebrows up suggestively.

“Shut up.” I growled, my face growing pink. I didn’t like to talk about the intimate side of our relationship, let alone while his roommate was sleeping a few feet away.

“But really, how do you expect me survive a month without my gorgeous girlfriend? Alone on campus while everyone else is home doing happy family bullshit!”

“Hey! Family events are not bullshit! Why don’t you just come home with me for Christmas, it’s not like my parents will care and I sure as hell wouldn’t mind.”

“Really?” Finn asked, his eyes lighting up and a huge grin spreading across his face.

“Really.” I answered, grinning back at my boyfriend.

“You should totally come down here.” Finn said referring to his spot on the floor.

“No.”

“Pleeeease?”

“No.”

“Puuuh-leeeeease?”

“Shh! It’s back on.” Before I could even register what was taking place Finn had pulled me down on the floor and kissed me.

Winter break was bound to be way more interesting with Finn around. I hoped my parents like him as much as they liked Zack. I prayed to God that my friends would like him. I prayed to every God and Goddess I could name that Reagan would like him. If not, winter break would be hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have finally completed my senior project, thank God.
Meghan told me to post this at eight but I'm kind of a rebel and I do what I want.
Beeteedubs, working on a new chapter of Shadows.

Comments are super duper, just sayin'.