Finch.

6.

The case study of Eleanor M. Mason. She is twenty seven years old. Eleanor enjoys music, nature, singing, and painting. Her symptoms include inability to make decisions, even everyday decisions, without the advice and reassurance of others, intense fear of abandonment and a sense of devastation or helplessness when relationships end; submissiveness, becoming clingy, avoidance of disagreeing with others for fear of losing support or approval, willingness to tolerate mistreatment and abuse from others, tendency to be naïve and to live in fantasy, excessive need to be taken care of and difficulty being alone. Possible causes of this disorder may be most likely involves both biological and developmental factors. Some researchers believe an authoritarian or overprotective parenting style can lead to the development of dependent personality traits in people who are susceptible to the disorder.
Possibly solutions or therapy options includes psychotherapy, which is a type of counseling. The goal of therapy is to help the person with DPD become more active and independent, and to learn to form healthy relationships.

“So, what does this mean?” I am asking the woman with a stethoscope draped over her long neck.
“It means you take care of her. She’ll completely breakdown if you don’t. She’s very taken to you, though I’m not positive why. Do you know why?”
I want to answer, yes. I want to scream yes. But I don’t.
“No.”
“Either leave her here, or take her with you.”
“I’ll take her everywhere. I love her.”
The woman is smiling at me.


“Ellie, wake up,” I am saying. She opens her eyes slowly. They flutter a few times. She smiles at me.
“What is it?”
“We’re almost to Detroit. We’re getting food,” I reply.
“Oh,” she says, then puts a palm on my face. She is so soft but the hand is cold.
I can feel William’s eyes on me. I don’t turn around.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't have anything to say. Except:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo7V649VRDU