An Open Book

16th Birthday,

So i was 14 when i met Adam. We were friends at first but it soon grew into a relationship. We spent all of our time together. and when we weren't together we were talking on the phone.

He lived down the street from me so it was easy for us to sneak out late at night just to see each other.

We had been together for a year and a half before we ever told each other we loved one another.

but every time he said it, it was more like a burden almost like he didn't want to say it.

That didn't bother me though.

On my 16th birthday he told me that he was moving.

At first i though he was joking or something but then realized that every time i went to his house there were things packed away.

After that night i basically cried myself to sleep every night. i didn't know what i was going to do when he was gone. i wasn't even sure if i could move on. he was my first love and i didn't ever want to lose him.

before i knew it 2 months had passed and it was the night before he moved to Texas.

We snuck out that night to see each other because he was leaving early in the morning.

We went to our usual spot by the lake down the street.

But tonight was different.

When he said he loved me its wasn't as if it was a burden. when he said it he said it with emotion and love.

He leaned in to kiss me but that kiss soon turned into something more.

Soon we were laying under the blankets he had brought.

That was the night i lost my virginity.

We kept in touch for a while. but when school started it became harder for us to talk every night.

i had been a month and i noticed i was 9 days late on me period.

i got scared and called Adam.

He said everything was going to be fine and he would be there to support me.

the next day i went over to my friend Jessica's house and we bought at least 7 test for me to take.

One after another they all came out positive.

when i got home i went straight up to my room and called Adam. but his phone had been disconnected. he deleted his myspace and his email account.

i though that he maybe used all his minutes on his phone but had no excuse for the myspace and email.

2 weeks had passed and i still didn't hear from him.

i decided to keep the baby. but i still had to tell my parents.

my mom cried at first and my dad was mad, but they soon accepted the fact that i was 16 and pregnant and supported me.

As the months passed i got bigger and bigger and everyone at school started to stare.

Jessica and me became distant because her parents thought of me as a "bad influence" on her, although she was basically labeled as the school slut.

I also became close with Jeremy, Adams ex-best friend.

he made me feel special. he offered to drive me to my doctor appointment and if someone would say anything about me in school he would stand up for me.

the 9th month came along and i was told by the doctor to stay home and do as little movement until my due date.

Jeremy came and visited me everyday and brought my school work so i wouldn't get to far behind in school. i thought he was just being nice and felt sorry for me... but i was wrong.

The day of my due date he came over and told me that he liked me and he wanted to be with me.

i was a bit skeptical on this seeing as Adam was the only guy i had ever been with and he bailed on me. so i was unsure of what to do.

Well basically i asked him to get me a drink just to buy myself sometime to think but my thought process was interrupted. i looked down at my bed to see a big wet spot.
When Jeremy came back up the stairs he noticed and dropped the drink and ran downstairs to my mom.

When we got to the hospital Jeremy was by me the whole time. I had a baby boy and named him Chase Anthony.

I wished Adam was there to see him. he was the most beautiful baby i had ever seen.
for the next 3 days Jeremy stayed in the hospital with me. never leaving my side. he didn't even go to school. he did the things i couldn't do.

he helped me with Chase and asked if he could be in his life. of course is said yes.

soon we went home and i had time to think to myself. i decided that i was falling for Jeremy over the past 3 days.

The next time i saw Jeremy i told him that and he was happy like really happy.

Now Chase is 9 months old and calls Jeremy Dada.

He looks so much like Adam with the light caramel eyes and the brown. He is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me. i know I'm to young to be a mom but a mistake turned into a miracle.

Chase is my everything. sometimes i wish Adam was here to see him and be in his life but I'm so grateful for Jeremy that if tomorrow Adam came back i wouldn't want anything to do with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
a remarkable feat.

--Cassi