An Open Book

You Lied,

Why would you lie to me?

Did you mean it when you said you liked me 'like that'? Or were you fibbing to see what I'd say? I really did like you. A lot.

You know how you sent me all that music I'd never heard of? I loved it when you did that. In turn, I told you about all of my favourite music. We liked - still like - the same TV shows. You flirted with me every time you saw me, and damn it, I flirted right back.

You started conversations with me every day as soon as I got online. I thought talking that much meant something to you. It sure as hell meant something to me. Remember all those times when I stole your Domo hat and wore it? You'd run after me and steal it back, letting your hands linger on my shoulders just a little too long.

That night, when David told me you liked me, I didn't stop smiling for hours. And then, in that chatroom, you asked me about what I wanted to hear at our next dance. I put in my suggestions, and you added them to the playlist without even questioning my taste in music. Then David went and left the stupid chatroom so we could talk privately, because he knew you liked me. That says a lot.

I thought you liked me, really I did.

Damn you, Eli.