An Open Book

Goodbye Friend.

Losing a friend is hard.

Especially when thought it was going to last forever or at least for the time that you have together.

You had plans and so many things you wanted to do in the future. And you saw them. Laughing with you, holding your hand every step of the way.

But it’s lie and just like life, a lasting friendship is just as certain as tomorrow is promised.

And you sit there wondering what you did or where did you go wrong as you choke on your words and release your tears with no fear.

What you feared has already happened and has officially taken affect.

Change.

It hurts but things happen.

Goodbye old friend, hello to new ones.

Maybe one day we’ll laugh at this over a cup of coffee as mature sophisticated young women who know better than to screw up something as special as we had.

For now we’ll hide our feelings and in the back our minds we’ll wonder how things would have been if we were still friends.

We’ll avoid looking at each other and be as stubborn as we possibly can.

But I’ll never forget you and I’ll never burn the memories from my mind.
I’ll wear your bracelet with pride.

I’m lucky to have know someone like you.

To you I’ll never be cruel or unkind ever again because after something is gone you realize how special it is.

I realized.