An Open Book

Cycling

I first saw you at a concert. You were my sister's friend's neighbour's friend. Complicated, I know. At the time, I was oblivious to the connection. Although I did not talk to you, I thought you were interesting. I thought i'd never see you again. Just a one time glance, forgotten the next day.

I was wrong, I saw you at multiple concerts after that.

Then i saw you on a bus, your hair had changed colour, i didn't recognise you.

Another show, another glance. Something was different. You walked up to my friends and joined the conversation. you turned, told me you'd seen me in the bus. I was stunned. He'd seen me before. We became fast friends. Up all night talking on the net.

He had a girlfriend. Told me he hoped i didn't have a crush on him because he didn't want to hurt my feelings. Said it would be weird if we went out. he's two years older. naturally i agreed. i didn't have a crush.

he lives two streets down from mine. we hang out sometimes. always have something to say to eachother. we know each others secrets. true honnest opinions. EVERYTHING.

He compliments me all the time. He walks on the street side of the sidewalk. says he wants me to be safe. the car would hit him first, if an accident were to occur.

he broke up with his girlfriend.

two years later, he's still doing the same things. now, we send eachother good morning messages. everyday. it's become routine. we sometimes get sad when we won't be able to talk. we had this one conversation, which i wish i would have saved, about what we like of eachother. he wanted it too. it was very detailed. VERY

my friends bug me. ask me why it is that we're not dating yet. i tell them it's because i don't like him in that way. which is true. about 50% of the time. i can't seem to decide. my thoughts won't unscramble. i have a severe case of mental cycling and this isn't helping.

i have trouble falling asleep because i wonder what he thinks of me. he told me he didn't want a relationship.

I don't know what to do. i don't know what i want.

I'm CONFUSED!
...help?