An Open Book

Mommy and Daddy,

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

Did you really not notice anything wrong with me. When you asked where I got that scar on my wrist I sad I accidentally scratched my wrist when I was itching. You never noticed all the things I did. To you I was your perfect daughter. The one that wore hollister and abercrombie you never payed enough attention to realize that I have friends bring me clothes I actually want to wear. Since the third grade I tried to impress you two, but nothing did it.

That's why I ran away last year, if it weren't for my friends worrying why i haven't been at school for almost two weeks I would still probably be gone. I know this may seem like nothing to you, but there's more a lot more. Like I have a boy friend, I drank before. Fuck I came home wasted once and neither of youn noticed. Have you ever realized that for three years I had an eating disorder, it all started in 6th grade. Did you realize? No. My BOY FRIEND made me eat at his house one day and when I got sick after he helped me through it, he made me healthy.

Most people would think why is it so bad that a teenage girl has a boyfriend, maybe cause I'm Muslim and you were dead set against me marrying let alone dating someone outside of our religion. But that's how you used to be, when I was younger. There are SO many more things I would tell you, but that's really something I should tell you in person. Maybe you would get me the help I actually need if you know what I've gone through. But even my friends know you'll never do that. Basically what I'm getting at is I hate the both of you.

Sincerely,
Iman, your not so favorite daughter.