Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Fourteen

The table made a horrible screeching sound as I pushed it into the right spot. Today I was left to do everything thing at the merch table on my own. I was used to it, it was my job, but it was hard on my left hand. It hurt a bit when I picked up stuff or even touched anything. I gave the table another shove and it went were I wanted it to be.

I took in a deep breath and leaned a little on the table. I wasn’t the fittest person at the moment. I still felt odd. It wasn’t like I was sick in my stomach or headaches and stuff like that. It just felt like my body was tired and sore like I spent the whole last night and day running behind the bus, instead of watching movies like I did with the guys. Or any other way I can describe it is that I feel like an empty shell ready to collapse on it’s self...

I sighed loudly and moved away from the table. I have to keep busy and think of something else. I opened one of the boxes that I hadn’t already opened and slid it in a good spot were I could reach it if I needed to sit down. I can’t stay on my feet that much lately.

Craig and the others had tried to talk me out of doing this tonight, apart of me knew that I really shouldn’t be doing it but there was no ones else that could. I could have ringed Ash but he lived to far away to be here on time. So it was best for me to go ahead and do it like I have to. Now I just have to survive it...

Ok enough of those thoughts. I will get through it, even if the guys have to carry me out. I will get through this and tomorrow I will see a doctor...Though I really, really hate doctors. Their scary.

I shook my head and fixed the display board behind where I will be sitting. Ok, now everything is done I just have to wait for the show to start. I sat down on the small ice cold metal chair.
Please let tonight go fast.

*~*~*

“Hey, what would you like?” I asked some lady that had just walked up to the table.

It was the end of the show and I am exhausted. I had spent most of the night sitting in this metal chair while serving people. And what made it worse was that the night seamed to go by very, very slowly. It was driving me nuts. Would this night end already? Before I collapse?

That’s what I feel like I’m going to do; collapse on the floor. It’s a horrible and empty feeling. It made me feel very light headed. But I can’t stop now I have about 20 minutes left to go roughly; depending on how fast the fans leave. Most have already been to the merch table so I don’t think I have many people left to serve. I hope not.

“I’ll have the black and white shirt please.” She smiled.

I turned around in the chair and grabbed a shirt out for her as she told me her size. I handed her the shirt to her and showed her a small smile. She beamed at me and handed me the amount the shirt cost.

“Thankyou, I hope you had an awesome time tonight.” I said trying to keep my voice nice and kind, not dead with exhaustion.
“I sure did.” She smiled again before walking away.

I watched as she walked towards and group of people and then as they walked out the main doors. Well that lady was nice. To bad not everyone is nice as her when I serve them...Like that dickhead at the start of the show. Ugh.

I sighed and watched as more people walked passed to the main doors. My head hurts I think I’m getting a headache...

“Hey! I’ll have the album shirt please.” Some guy said making me look at him.

He smiled and I gave him a small smile back.

“Sure thing.” I said.

I moved and got him the shirt as he told me his size and gave me the money. I took the money and handed him his shirt. He beamed and pulled it over his head over the shirt he was already wearing. I chuckled a little.

“Sweet, thanks!”

He then walked off towards the front doors. Well he was nice too.

I sighed and watched as more and more people walked out the doors. I served a couple of more people and after a while the flow of people was slowing right down. There were only the late leavers going now. Thank god, I can pack up now. I took a deep breath and stood up but almost fell back down. I feel so week...I guess that would be from me hardly eating...But then again why would I shove food down my throat when I wasn’t hungry? I know it stupid not eating but I hate making myself eat, it makes me feel worse.

I grabbed onto the edge of the table so I was standing properly. Now that I was standing I felt a little better, good. I turned around to the few boxes that were left. Shit. I was wrong there wasn’t a few but heaps. This will take me all night to do alone. I bit my lip.

Should I call the guys to help or should I just do it alone? I know they have just been doing a huge concert but I really do need help...Maybe I’ll call and see how they are before asking, I don’t want them to help me if their warn out.

I pulled the phone out my pocket and opened it. Is it just me or is the screen a little blurry? Nah, must be the lights here they have been doing that to my eyes all night.
I dialled Monte’s number...Nothing. Bugger.
I then tried Max’s number. It started ringing.

Hey Claire! Where are you? The show has been over for half an hour.” He said.
“Well I was waiting for everyone to leave, I’m packing up now.” I said.
Oh, that’s cool.” He said. “Craig was getting worried about you.” He added whispering.
“Yeah, I’m worried about me too.” I mumbled under my breath.

Truth is I am. I seem to be getting worse not better.

What?” Max asked confused.
“Nothing.” I sighed. “So...What are yous doing?” I asked leaning against one of the tables.
Nothing much, just waiting for you really, we’re all like bored.” He laughed.

I smiled lightly. I guess I better ask now.

“Well I wanted to know if a couple of yous could come and help me. I have heaps to do...But only if you’re up to it of course.” I said.
Of course we’ll help!” Max exclaimed.

Wow he’s all hyper tonight.

Right guys!” He yelled obviously to them.

I heard a bunch of mumbling in the background then Max saying I was wanting helpers at the merch table. Then there was more mumbling and a door shutting. What are they doing?

Me and Craig are coming now.” Max said after another minute.
“Thankyou so much, yous are real lifesavers.”
Any-“

Suddenly the phone cut out. I pulled it away from ear and looking at it, the call had ended. What the hell?

“Unless fucking phone!” I heard Max yell followed from loud laughing from Craig.

I turned my head to the side to one off the hallways and they appeared. I felt a smile grow on my face. They are truly lifesavers right now for sure.

“It’s not the phones fault; you’re the one that dropped it.” Craig laughed.

Max mumbled something and I smiled shaking my head. I took another deep breath and pushed myself from the table.

“Hey guys.” I said quietly when they walked up to me. “Thanks for doing this.”
“No problem, of course we’ll help!” Max said.

He smiled at me and started putting shirts away. Aww, such a good boy. I chuckled at that. Craig walked over to me.

“Have a good night?” He asked.
“Yeah...Somewhat.” I said.

I turned away and started folding up shirts. I felt Craig’s eyes on my back. I took a glance at him. I hate how he sees right through me.

“Somewhat?” He asked.
“I’m just really tired.” I mumbled.

And wanting to collapse, but I wasn’t going to tell him that right now. I will when we get back to the bus, if I can last that long. Craig nods his head but didn’t looked convinced, I’m glad he didn’t push it.

*~*~*

It took us three a while but we finally had done everything and just about to take the small amount of boxes that we had left to the bus. I was even more exhausted now; my legs could barely hold me up. I felt so week...I don’t think I have felt this bad before in my life not even during a sports carnival at school. Now that is saying something.

But as crap as I felt, I didn’t show it much. I guess it was because I was sucking it up to get this over and done with so I can go back to the bus and relax.

Max and Craig picked up 2 huge boxes each and I grabbed the other one...Just. I let out a huge huff as I stood up straight and started walking after the guys. My head started pounding and I started slowing down, lagging behind. I ignored it and kept my slow pace.

I followed the guys up the long hallways to the back door; Craig shoved it open and held it open with his foot for the rest of us. Max thanked him and I have a weak smiled as a thanks. At the moment I couldn’t really get a word out with the shallow quick gasps of air I was breathing. Craig looked at my funny but I kept walking.

Well I did keep walking until the box fell from my arms and my knees gave out from under me. Suddenly everything around me blurred and I leaned forward, little lights danced in my vision.

“Claire? Claire, are you ok?”

I didn’t say anything back, I couldn’t. I couldn’t even tell who said that I was so dizzy. What’s wrong with me?

“Claire!”
“Claire answer me! What’s wrong?”

I blinked and tried to look up. I could tell that someone was in front of me, shaking me. I tried to look at the person but my eyes started to close. I fought to keep them open.

Shit, I am really fainting aren’t I? I feel scared, what the hell is wrong with me?!

Suddenly there was a flash of light in front of my half open eyes. I blinked and saw a glimpse of Craig’s worried stricken face just before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O
What's going to happen? What's wrong with her?! what do you think? ;D
Comment please? They make me smile! :D

Do you like All Time Low? I have 2 stories about them, check them out? ;]