Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Fifteen

Don’t you just hate it when time has seemed to stop or it just goes really slow?

Well right now that what it feels like and it’s annoying me to no end. I paced back and forth like a cat stuck in a box waiting to be free. Up and down. Up and down. I could feel three sets of eyes on me as I did this. But I didn’t look back at them I just kept my eyes on the ground of the hospital waiting room. I hate waiting! All I want to know is what is wrong with Claire and when can I see her.

After she had collapsed at the venue Max –who was calmer then me- called for an ambulance and they brought her here right away...While I just somewhat freaked out about the girl I love laying on a stretcher unconscious. Yeah you heard me right. I love Claire...I have for a long time, I kinda though it was obvious though I did try to hide it...

“Dude, can you sit down? You’re making me dizzy.” Monte said grabbing my arm as a passed him for like the millionth time in the last hour alone.

I looked at him from the floor and sighed nodding my head. He let go of my arm and I plopped down on the seat between him and Robert, biting my lip. I started fiddling with the zip on my jacket and tapping my foot. I’m wound up like a cat on crack. Ok, not that bad but you get my point right?

“Craig calm down!” Max exclaimed suddenly in front of me.

I jumped shocked and looked at him like ‘where the hell did you come from’. He sighed and rolled his eyes. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked right into my eyes, I just stared back blankly.

“Calm. Down. She will be fine.” He said calmly and seriously.

I don’t think I’ve seen him so serious before. It was kinda scary...

“Max is right, she will. Just give it time.” Monte said from beside me.

I nod my head and Max beamed at Monte like a kid getting a lollypop. I knew he wouldn’t be serious for that long.

“Of course I’m right. I always am!” Max exclaimed letting my shoulders go.

I smiled shaking my head. Classic Max for you. I stopped tapping my foot but I couldn’t stop fiddling. Robert noticed because he quickly grabbed something and dumped it on my lap. I picked the magazine.

“Read it.” Robert mumbled.

I looked at the cover and threw it back at him. It was one of those bullshit media mags.

“No thanks, I don’t read crap.” I stated.

He laughed and put the mag back on the little table beside him. I looked back at Max to notice him sitting on the ground in front of me and Monte. Oh yeah, there are no other seats in here. Really why would a waiting room only have 3 seats for? It’s stupid.

I started biting my lip again. Max looked at me and shook his head. I glare at him. I bet if it was the girl he loved in there we would be yelling the place down. Actually he’s already yelled at the doctors to find out what’s wrong with Claire. She like a sister to the other guys.

You know, I think this will be a long night.

*~*~*

The sound of Monte’s calm breathing and Max’s phone clicking as he text was the only noises I could hear. It’s been over 3 hours now, one of the nurses has came out and seen us a couple of times but she told us barely anything. She only really told us that they had given Claire some medication was still trying to see what was wrong with her. Hence why we are still sitting in the waiting room.

Max is texting away on his phone, still sitting on the floor. Robert is staring into space and Monte is asleep leaning on my shoulder. And me? Well I’m doing nothing apart from listening to Monte breathe and watching Max on his phone every now and then. To tell the truth if Monte wasn’t leaning on my shoulder I would have been yelling, kicking and screaming to know what the hell is going on. The fact that he was asleep was the only thing keeping me in the chair. I know not to wake him up in his sleep unless it’s important after what happen a couple of moths ago. It’s a really long story.

Suddenly I heard a door creak. I snapped my eyes open to see Max standing up. I looked over to the door to the nurse standing there.

“I’m very sorry to keep you guys waiting like this.” She apologised yet again for it. “But we have done all of the tests now, the results won’t be back until at least morning. She’s still not awake, she is very exhausted.”

I guess she wouldn’t be awake yet. But at least now I- I mean we know what’s going on a bit now. Well somewhat.

“Can we see her?” Robert asked just before I could.
“Yes you can.” The nurse smiled.

She then walked out the room. I looked at Monte and shook his shoulders lightly.

“What?” He mumbled.
“Wake up, we can see her now.”

His eyes snapped open and he sat up. I heard Robert and Max laughing at him. If I wasn’t so worried and stressed I would be too. I stood up out of the chair. My back hurt a little from sitting down for so long but I ignored it and followed the guys out the door and down the hall. I looked up a head of us to see the nurse standing in front of a room. We all walked up to her.

“Claire is in this room. She is connected to a drip so please be careful around her.” She said in a soft quiet voice.

I nod my head and opened the door slowly. I walked into the small white room first with the guys and the nurse following me. Once my eyes found the bed I almost froze.

Claire lay almost peacefully on the bed with the light blue blankets covering her. Her face was a slight bet more pale then normal and the drip was connected to her left hand. Though she did look somewhat peaceful lying there, she looked so...Sick.

I stopped by the edge of her bed.

“I’ll leave yous alone with her for a while; if for some reason you need me just press that yellow button that is above the head of the bed.”
“Ok, thanks.” Max mumbled sitting down on one of the chairs.

Monte and Robert also sat down on the chairs that surrounded the bed. I took a couple of steps and sat down on the edge of her bed. I took her right hand in mine. She skin felt cool to the touch. I looked up at her face.

She looked so...Calm, I guess. At least now she’s having some rest. I should have done more when I noticed she was starting to become exhausted. I shouldn’t have let her do the merch tonight or should I say yesterday...I should...No there was nothing that I could have done...

I lifted her hand up and placed my lips softly on the back of her hand. I don’t care if the guys were watching at all. I just cared that she got better. Whatever that is wrong with her. I hope they find out what it is...
♠ ♠ ♠
So now you all know what Craig thinks :3
So you like it? Hate it?
Comment please? D:

Read my new Alex Gaskarth story?