Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

TwentyTwo

*Craig’s POV*

“Ok pass me the last one.” Monte said holding his hand out.

Robert handed him the last bug bomb and he placed it on top of the steps carefully. He presses the button and jumped out the bus, Max slammed the door shut. Though he was quick, Max didn’t shut the door fast enough. I started coughing from the gross smell that shit made, so did Max. Thank god we got a booked at a hotel for a few days. That smell is going to take forever to leave the bus. I’m glad we have our clothing and stuff at the hotel too.

I waved my hands in front of my face to get clean air and moved right away from the bus. I feel sorry for anyone that walks past it now.

“Ok let’s get to the hospital.” Max coughed. “Fuck that stuff is strong, it kills people not bugs and ants!”

Monte and Robert laughed at him. I smiled lightly and we started walking up the street. Once we were over 5 meters away from the bus I took deep breaths of clean air. Max coughed a couple of more times so Robert hit him on the back hard; it made a loud hollow thud noise.

“You fucking mind?!” Max yelled holding his back. “That hurt!”
“It stopped you coughing right?” Rob started smirking.
“Yeah...” Max mumbled. “Thanks, I guess.” He grumbled rubbing his back.

I chuckled shaking my head. We walked around the corner and I pulled the hood of my hoddie over my head as we continued walking along the new street and past a bunch of shops. I let my gaze drop to the ground and watched my feet move as the others started talking about something, I wasn’t really listening; something about what they did last night I think.

I let my mind wonder on what happened this morning...That kiss. And then to when I was talking to Max about it. He was right. I love Claire so maybe I should take that chance if she likes me back to be in a relationship. Well at least talk to her about it, maybe. It couldn’t hurt right?

Suddenly I collided into something...Which happened to be Monte. Lucky for us we didn’t fall over and landed face first into the concert.

“Sorry!” I quickly exclaimed.
“It’s ok, man. I should have said a warning.” He laughed.

I smiled lightly and took a step away from him so I wasn’t like right in his face. Max and Robert stopped when they noticed that we had. Robert gave Monte a questioning look. Monte looked away from him and through the shop window which we were standing next to.

I followed his gaze into the small bits and pieces shop that had bunches of flowers all in the shop window.

“Claire likes flowers right?” Monte asked looking right at me.
“Uh, yeah.” I mumbled. “She likes orchids.”

Why would Monte ask me that? Shouldn’t he know too? Monte smiled.

“Maybe we should get her some.” He suggested shrugging.
“Yeah, might brighten up her day a bit, she’s having that test today right?” Robert asked.

I looked at him wide eyed. I forgot all about that test! Crap! I wanted to be there with her for that. Max noticed the look on my face but said nothing.

“Well let’s get her some then!” Monte cheered walking into the shop followed by Robert.

I never thought they were one for flower shopping, their more the kind to steal flowers from someone’s garden and run away before they got caught...

“You forgot about Claire having that test right?” Max asked after a moment.

I nod my head smiling innocently. Max chuckled rolling his eyes. He lifted his fist to my head and act like he was knocking on it.

“Earth to Craig anyone home?” He laughed trying to make the situation lighter and to make me smile I guess.
“Of course there is.” I said pushing his hand away.
“You sure..? WAIT! Maybe they bug stuff killed you brain cells!” Max yelled.

I started laughing, it was a poor attempt to make me laugh but it worked. Max looked proud of himself.

“Craig!” Monte yelled. “Come here!”

I turned and walked into the shop to see Monte standing in front of the flowers. I stopped beside him and he elbowed my ribs.

“So lover boy, what do we get?” He smirked.

I sighed as Robert laughed. Why did I let Max tell him and Robert for? I’m not going to hear the end of this now.

*~*~*

“She looks awake...” Max mumbled looking into the room Claire was in.
“Then let’s go in there then.” Monte said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

But before Max could open the door Robert handed me the flowers that we had brought for her smirking. I rolled my eyes but took them. Max pushed opened the door and ran in. The rest of us followed walking into the room casually. My heart started pounding in my chest. Would what happened this morning make it awkward between us?

“Hi Claire bear!” Max cheered climbing onto the bed to hug her.

I heard her laugh and saw that she hugged him back, but I couldn’t see her beautiful face. Max pulled away and got of the bed. I looked up at her face, she looked slight bit paler than normal and she had her arm wrapped up. They must have done the test already. I frowned knowing I wasn’t here for that and stayed where I was as Monte and Robert hugged her. I stayed standing where I was as Max came and stood next me to me.

Once Robert pulled away from hugging her Max shoved me towards the bed. I glared at him and he just smiled. I looked back at Claire. She smiled softly at me, but I could see the worry in her eyes. I can tell she tries to hide it, but her eyes don’t lie.

“Hey.” I said softly.
“Hi.” She smiled a bit bigger.

I leant down to her lying form and gave her an awkward hug, not because of what happened before, but because of the fact she was laying down. Before I pulled away I kissed her cheek. I didn’t realise I had done that until I had pulled away. I was just so used to doing it. But she didn’t seem to mind because she smiled softly again. Then her eyes caught onto the flowers that I had. I handed them to her.

“Present from us.” I said smiling.

I heard Max mumbled behind me just as I said that. I knew his plan; you had to be an idiot not to see what he and the others were thinking. Like flowers could fix and make up everything.

“Aww, thanks guys.” She said softly. “Yous even remembered what I liked.” She said quietly.

She sounds tired, though she doesn’t really look it...

“You’re welcome!” Max smiled.

I smiled at Claire and sat down in the chair beside her bed. Max gave me a look from the corner of his eyes. I could see the plan rolling in his head. He is going to get us together no matter what...How did I know what was going to happen I wonder...

*Claire’s POV*

I smiled softly looking at the flowers and pulled once from the bunch as Monte offered to put them in a cup of water. I twirled the flower slowly between my fingers and watched the light and shade move across it. It was beautiful, that’s why I loved these flowers so much. They are really pretty.

“So how did the test go?” Robert asked curious making me look up at him from the flower.
“It hurt.” I mumbled remembering it. “But I now know what I’m really allergic to.”
“So it is the ants?” Monte asked placing the bunch of flowers in a large cup then placed it on my bedside table.

I nodded bitting my lip.

“Yep, I’m allergic to ants. The doctor said that usually the first time getting the reaction is the worst, which I hope he’s right.” I said.
“I hope so too.” I just managed to hear Craig mumble under his breath.
“Well at least you know now.” Rob stated.

I nod my head.

“And another good thing is that we placed the bug bombs in the bus, booked into a hotel and we leaving the bus like that for up to 3 days.” Monte smiled.
“Yeah and if they survive that they have to be superman, that stuff could kill a person!” Max exclaimed.

We started laughing but I laughed because the look on his face, he looked so serious.

“We have your stuff at the hotel too.” Monte said after he got over laughing.
“Thanks.” I smiled.

I looked down at the flower in my hands for a moment and heard some of the guys mumble something. I let it go, I was feeling slightly tired and well couldn’t be bothered seeing what they were saying. I smiled looking at the flower and let my head fall back fully on the pillow. Today has been a long day...Very long. It has to be about at least 5 to 7 pm or more now.

I yawned.

“Well I guess we better get back to the hotel, I want a proper shower.” Robert said.
“Smell like you need one too.” Max said.

I heard a loud slap noise and lifted my head up to see Max holding his arm. Monte and Craig was laughing at them.

“Well see you tomorrow Claire.” Monte smiled.
“See ya guys.”

They all said their goodbyes and headed for the door...But I noticed Craig being quiet and almost nervous like. Could it be from what happened this morning?

“Get your ass back in there and talk to her!” Max yelled shoving Craig back into the room.

Max waved at me, slammed the door and laughed running off down the hallway.
And what the hell was that about?

“I was going to stay anyway!” Craig called after him.

I think Max heard because he called something back but I couldn’t hear it well, I don’t think Craig could either because he looked confused before he shrugged.

“Why do we have a weird friend like him for?” Craig mumbled.

I chuckled shrugging.

“Dunno.” I smiled.

Craig managed to give me a small smiled and walked over to sit next to me on the bed. He looked nervous again.

“Are you ok?” I asked. “Did that walk help?” I added quietly.

I didn’t really want to bring it up in case it hurt him or something, but it was one of those things that had to be sometime.

“Yeah, the walked helped a bit...And I talked to Max too.” He mumbled the last bit.

I nod my head but didn’t push it in case he didn’t want to say anything more. I know he is...Emotional at the moment. That’s why even if I had the courage I’m not telling him how I feel about him...Just yet.

“Claire, um...” Craig mumbled looking confused to what he was going to say.

I reached forward sitting up slowly and took his hand in mine. He watched me carefully as I did so and when I took his hand he linked our fingers together. I looked him in the eyes.

“It’s ok, if you don’t want to say anything yet, no pressure, you have all the time you want.” I said softly.

He smiled at me. A true kind, loving smile.

“But I want to talk about this.” He said softly.

I nod my head, but still not pushing him to do so.

“About this morning, in the garden...” He started taking a short breath.

The memory came back and I blushed remembering it.

“Well at the time I wasn’t thinking, but, geez this is going to sound mushy.” He chuckled.
“It’s ok.” I chuckled.
“Well I guess I was just feeling.” He said looking down at our hands. “I’ve been doing that over the last few days; I guess I have been keeping in to much lately, hence what happened last night.”
“I understand.” I said softly. “I know you’re going through a hard time now.”

Craig nods his head and kept looking down at our hands. He started rubbing his thumb over the top of my hand.

“And there has been something I have been keeping from you, for a long time now actually.” He said quietly.

I looked at him confused. He has? I wasn’t shocked or anything but it, it’s his life, but in a way I was a little surprised to notice that I never noticed that he was hiding something. But then again I have been hiding one thing from him too...

He took a deep breath and looked up at me in the eyes.

“I understand if you don’t feel the same way, but I really think I should tell you now.” He said without looking away. “For a long time I’ve liked your Claire, way more than a friend. I never told you before because I didn’t know if you felt the same way.” He said before looking away.

I could help but smile. He liked me, just as I like him. This morning wasn’t a mistake or anything...Suddenly I didn’t feel tired anymore but like if I could jump of the walls in happiness. Craig looked down so his face was covered by his hair.

“Craig look at me.” I said softly.

It took him a short moment, but he did looking unsure, worried, hurt and a whole bunch of other emotions.

“I haven’t told you a secret too. I’ve liked you for a long time now too.” I said blushing. “I think I’ve always knew it but I didn’t really realise until Ash helped me that night.” I said rubbing the back of my neck.

This was awkward in a way, but at the same time it wasn’t. And you know what? If left nice to actually tell him. Craig’s eyes brighten up and he smiled.

“Really?” He asked leaning closer.
“Yes, really.” I smiled.

He lifted his free hand to my cheek and ran this thumb softly over my skin. He leaned in a bit more and so did I so our lips met. It was just as magical as this morning. I smiled kissing back before we pulled away.

“I feel so much better that you know now.” He chuckled.

I smiled.

“I’m glad you do.” I smiled.

I moved forward to hug him, he hugged me back.

I heard a little tap on the glass of the door and looked towards it. I could see Max, Monte and Robert peaking through the glass. I felt myself blushing and I hid my face into Craig’s hair a little.

“I’ll take one wild guess, the guys saw all that?” Craig asked.
“Yeah, they did.” I sighed.

Craig chuckled and held me tighter. Max gave me thumbs up smirking and I smiled at him. He then grabbed Monte and Robert and shoved them away from the door. Monte waved to me before they walked off, leaving me and Craig alone together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Such a long chapter! But finally it happened! YAY! 8D
No more waiting anymore!

Did you like this chapter? Was it cute, good, bad? Tells me :D

Also I wanted to thank everyone that has been reading this! This story now has 7 stars! You all have no idea how much that made my day when I saw that, seriously if i was able to i'd jump up and down xD Thank you. <3