Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

TwentySix

I sat beside Craig in the large dark cinema room shoving popcorn in my mouth as the movie played. It was some kids movie; I can’t quiet remember the name of it but so far it seemed ok and funny in parts. Plus this is a lot better than sitting in a dull hotel room. But an even bigger plus on that was the fact I’m spending time with Craig.

Sounds lovy dovy much?

I shoved another pile of popcorn in my mouth careful to make sure it actually went into my mouth; I don’t really fancy popcorn all over me at the moment. Out of the corner of my eye I glanced at Craig. He was looking at me with an amused expression. I turned my head to look at him better.

“What?” I whispered.
“You eat popcorn faster than what Max does.” He said trying not to laugh.

I smiled and rolled my eyes before grabbing some more popcorn and popping it into my mouth. Craig smiled and did the same. After swallowing I chuckled and looked back at the huge screen.

The both of us sat there quietly again for a long time just watching the movie and eating popcorn. I guess it was a good thing we got a large box of it, seeing as were stuffing our faces with it. But that’s what you do at the movies if you like popcorn. I know only one person that doesn’t, my cousin Ash. Well at least he didn’t when he was younger.

Suddenly out of nowhere my phone started vibrating in my pocket making me jump in my seat a little. I noticed Craig looking at me as I did. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Good thing I had it on silent in here aye?

Call from: Maxi!

Now why would Max be calling me for? Knowing this isn’t the best place for a phone call I answered it anyway.

“Hello?” I asked quietly.

There was hardly anyone around us and the room was more than half empty but I still stayed quiet anyway.

“Claire bear!” Max exclaimed into the phone line. “Guess what?!” He yelled sounding like a hyper half drunk 8 year old.
“What Maxi?” I asked chuckling as I looked at Craig.

Craig gave me a questioning look. I shrugged my shoulders.

“iI bet Monte and Robert in pool! The first time this year! Isn’t that awesome? I normally can never beat the both of them.
“That’s great Max! I know you could sometime this year.” I smiled though he couldn’t see it.
Really? Thanks! The two losers have to pay for my rest drinks tonight now, I was thinking of getting plastered. What do you think?” He laughed.
“Well if you want to go for it.” I chuckled. “Though I’m not helping you with you hangover tomorrow mate.” I snickered.
“Shit, I didn’t think about that...” He mumbled.

I laughed quietly. I heard him say something to someone before talking to me again.

So are you and Craig at the hotel?” He asked.
“Nope, were at the movies.” I smiled.

Craig who had been watching me talk to Max smiled then too.

Oooh, a date aye?” He asked teasing.
“Uh, yeah.” I admitted starting to blush.
Serious? Aw cute!” Max cooed making me roll my eyes. “Well I’d loved to talk more but I have someone to call now.” He snickered.
“Like who?” I asked rising an eyebrow.
You’ll find out, have fun on ya date!

Then the next thing I heard was the dial tone. I smiled shaking my head placing my phone back deep in my pocket. Well that was random, trust Max to be random.

“So what did he want-“

Craig got cut off by his phone ringing. He quickly handed me the box of popcorn and ripped his phone out of his pocket before answering it. Well I didn’t know his ring tone was one of Blessthefall’s new songs. Cool.

“Hello?” He asked.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

“Yes we’re at the movies Max.” He chuckled.

I smiled, shook my head and turned my attention back to the screen while eating some more popcorn. Well I knew who Max had to call now though he could have just asked to talk to him on my phone, I wouldn’t have minded.

Craig talked quietly to him for a while; I really didn’t listen too much since they were talking about the shots Max took in the pool game to win. I don’t get that stuff much, I just know the basic rules and not to hit the ball off the table. I picked up the bottle of water me and Craig was sharing and took a large gulp.

“Yes, Max I’ll tell you, “Craig said. “Bye.”

I looked at him placing the bottle back where it was and Craig gave me a bit of a smile while biting his lip.

“What you gotta tell Max?” I asked curious.
“How the date goes.” He mumbled looking away shyly.

I blushed and bit my lip looking back at the screen. Why was it embarrassing to call this a date? Was it because we’ve never been on one before and always went to places together as friends? Meh, I dunno.

Craig gestured for the popcorn and I handed it back to him but not before taking a handful for myself smiling.

*~*~*

“Well that movie wasn’t bad, I wouldn’t mind seeing it again when it comes out on DVD.” Craig stated as we walked out of the cinema building hand in hand.

I nodded my head agreeing with him taking a drink from the water bottle. Somehow it wasn’t empty just yet which was a good thing, my mouth felt dry from all the salt on the popcorn.

“Yeah, I liked it. Funny in some parts.” I smiled.

Craig chuckled and we headed down the street slowly past some huge buildings. On the other side of the street was a large open park with which by what I can tell with the park lights, it had a small river running through it. I think that was the park Monte was talking about that the hotel receptionist said when he asked them about bars, pubs and sights in the city. It looked pretty from where we were anyway.

I looked at Craig as I dropped the bottle of water in a bin we passed.

“It’s still kinda early right?” I asked.

He looked at his watch then at me.

“If you call 9:30 early then yeah.” He smiled.

I smiled nodding and glanced at the park again. Wouldn’t hurt to spend more time sitting or walking over there together for a while than going back to the hotel now right? It gets boring there.

“Can we go for a walk over there for a bit?” I asked pointing to where I was looking.

Craig glanced at the park then at me. I looked at him too. He shrugged.

“Sure, why not.” He smiled.

I beamed at him and followed him safely across the road and into the open brightly lit park. I looked around at the garden areas and path ways. Over the far side was a kid’s play area and by the river was picnic and sitting area. If this looked nice at night I wonder what it looked like during the day. I bet we could have come here sooner if I wasn’t stuck in hospital...

Craig continued walking and I let him led me slowly through the park. Not once did he let go of my hand and I didn’t let go of his either. I smiled at that still looking around. We were now walking along the stone path leading to the walk bridge over the river.

“For a park it’s nice here at night.” Craig said softly looking around.
“Yeah it is.” I nodded. “Peaceful almost.” I smiled.

Out the corner of my eye I saw Craig nod his head. I still smiled looking around.

“Wanna go to the bridge?” He asked.
“Sure!”

Craig laughed and we headed a bit faster to the small bridge just big enough for people to walk over and bikes. It had a row of small lights along the edges that reflected into the water. I’ve always loved water reflections; even if it was a simple small light in a puddle, I still loved it. I found it beautiful and since I was a kid I thought it was magical, even though I knew technically it isn’t.

We stepped onto the bridge and walked to the middle of it before stopping. Craig leaned against the railing placing our linked hands on the railing too. I placed my free hand beside me on the railing and looked at the water at all the reflection.

“Magical.” I whispered.
“What?” Craig asked me.

I blinked and looked at him. I bit my lip a little.

“The light reflections on the water; their magical.” I shrugged.

I had never really told anyone I thought of that before apart from Ash who laughed before agreeing with me. Craig smiled at me.

“They are.” He nodded smiling.

I smiled back at him...For a second I have to admit I thought he was going to laugh at me. I let out a bit of a breath I was holding and looked back at the water.

“You thought I was going to laugh at you didn’t you?” Craig asked.

I nodded not looking at him blushing. He chuckled.

“I wouldn’t do that, I agree with you.”

Craig let go of my hand and moved so he was standing behind me with his arms around my waist and head resting on my shoulder. I placed my arms over his. I felt Craig kiss my cheek.

“You know this is a somewhat a cheesy way to end the night.” He laughed.

I couldn’t help but laugh too.

“It is, but it’s nice.” I smiled turning my head to look at him.
“Sure is.” He smiled back. “Wanna finish it off cheesier?” He smirked.
“I don’t see why not.” I shrugged.

Craig spined me around in his arms and pulled me close to him. I was pretty much eye to eye level with him.

I watched as me moved closer to kiss me. I smiled shutting my eyes and kissed back moving my arms around his neck.

Yep, can’t get cheesier than this; but I love it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got told up update, so I did :D
Did you like it? hate it? was it cute? D:

4 more chapters left!

I can post them really quick if i get a bit of story lovin' - does that sound fair? I hope so because I think it does. :]
I can't remember if I said this in the last chapter, but I have a new story Check it out?

Comment and Subscribe?