Status: Done and Dusting. :)

It Hurts in the Worst Way

Six

Me, Max, Robert and Monte sat on the couches still confused about what happened. Craig was still at the end of the bus by the bunks. He has been there for about an hour and a half now or even longer. The look on his face and how he just ran off back there has me worried. Very worried. I have a sinking feeling that something is wrong, more now that I think of how his Mum sounded when I answered Craig’s phone...

“What do you think is wrong?” Monte asked slowly and quietly.
“I have no idea...” Max said.

My lips flattened in a line. I don’t think that Craig was on the phone anymore, and if he isn’t why was he still back there?

“Maybe...I should go and see if he’s ok...” I said quietly looking at the guys.

They nod their heads.

“Yeah maybe you should.” Robert agreed.
“He does trust you the most.” Max said.

I looked at him raising my eyebrow and he nods his head saying it was true. Well I didn’t know that. I took a deep breath and stood up slowly, I was still feeling a little dizzy when standing. Lying down and sitting was ok, maybe it was because I haven’t eaten before...? I don’t know.

I looked at the guys and started walking towards the bunks. I could tell the others were worried. Craig has never done this before. I walked up to the bunks quietly. Suddenly I head some quiet sobs. Is he crying?

I pulled back the curtain on his bunk a little. Craig was there sitting against the wall with his legs pulled to his chest and his head buried in his knees. I looked at him shocked for a moment.

“Are you ok?” I asked so quiet it was almost a whisper.

Craig looked up at me then. His eyes were red and tears were running down his cheeks. I gasped a little. I have never seen him like this.

Craig looked down a little and shook his head. I pulled the curtain right out the way and climbed it and sat next to him. He moved so his head was buried in my shoulder. He continued to cry. For a moment I didn’t move shocked, I have never ever see Craig like this before. I shook my head slightly and wrapped my arms around him. I started rubbing my hand up and down his back to calm him a little. He wrapped his arms around me.

“What happened? What’s wrong?” I whispered.

Craig started quiet and didn’t say anything for a long moment. He let out a long breath.

“Andy and Carol...Died in a car crash...This morning.” He whispered.

I froze, eyes wide looking blankly at the wall. For a moment I couldn’t think or move...Andy and Carol were very, very close cousins with Craig. They were that close that they were like brothers and sisters. Andy and Carol were twins.

Oh my...

I held Craig as close as I could to me with out hurting him and I felt a tear fell down my face. I was somewhat friends with them; they were very nice fun-loving people. This is a complete shock, right out of nowhere...But then again car crashes do come out of nowhere most of the time.

I let more tears slide down my face silently. I didn’t bother to wipe them away.

*~*~*

Me and Craig both sat like that for what I could say was 2 hours. We had both kinda stopped crying now. Craig’s head was resting in my lap and I was running my fingers through his hair as he just stared at the ceiling on the bunk. I stared at the wall still a little shell shocked but the news...

I let out a sigh and Craig jumped shocked blinking. Shit I just scared him.

“Sorry.” I said looking down at him.
“It’s ok...” He whispered.

I looked at him in the eyes. I could see so much sadness and shock there. I think it would take a while for the shock to wear off, that’s for sure. It feels like all of a sudden you hit a brick wall head on.

Suddenly my phone went off scaring the crap out of both of us. I quickly got my phone out my pocket. I had a text message.

‘From: Maxi :D
What the fuck is goin on? We’re worried!’


Oh shit! They don’t know! For a while I completely forgot that they didn’t know. I started at the phone for a moment before letting my hand drop. Craig took my hand and looked at my phone. He looked at the screen and dropped my hand looking away.

“I better tell them.” I said.

He nods his head slowly and moved so I could get up. I climbed out of his bunk and stood up. I gasped a little. Whoa, head spin. I held onto the side of the bunk for a moment while I waited for it to disappear. This dizziness thingy is really starting to annoy me. Suddenly I felt Craig take my hand as he got out the bunk.

“You don’t have to come out there if you don’t want to.” I said.
“I...Want to.” He said quietly.

I nod my head and turned and started walking with Craig to where the guys were, still holding his hand. Just as we walked out the bunk area they all looked up at us and Max stood up. Max went to sat something but stopped when he saw our faces.

“What happened...?” Monte asked.

I took a deep breath and Craig looked down.

“Bad news...Um, Andy and Carol died in a car crash this morning.”

All their mouths dropped.

“Fucking hell.” Robert gasped.

I nod my head a little and noticed Craig wipe his face. Max walked up to him and hugged him. Craig hugged back but didn’t let go of my hand. Max pulled away and Monte hugged him, then Robert.
None of said anything. I don’t think anyone knew what to say at all. They sat back on the couch, so did Craig still holding my hand as I stood next to the couch. Monte placed his head in his hands. Were we’re all somewhat friends with both Andy and Carol.

Craig pulled lightly on my hand for me to sit on his lap. I sat down gently and he wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him too. I then looked at the others. All of us were too shocked to really do or say anything.

I leaned my head on Craig’s and shut my eyes. The whole world turned upside down in a matter of moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think will happen now?
Will the tour end? Will they keep going?

Don't forget comments make me update faster, i have past chapter 20 written, so if you want it out then comment! :D