Status: THE END

To Speak.

Group projects..

How Zacky loathed them. It was a well known fact that he was the outcast of the school, that he didn't fit in with anyone. And yet the teachers here seemed to love handing out these horrible, boring, useless group projects.

Partner projects, were of course, the worst.

The other person simply would not know what to say to Zacky. It's not like he'd reply. Both of them would be in an awkward position and Zacky would always have to see his partner rush to his or her friends and whisper to them how much of a freak he is.

He knew he'd hate his English class when the teacher said his first assignment would be a partner project.

And you know what?

He had to get to know his partner. He had to ask them questions and act as if he were interested in his partner's life.

It wasn't that Zacky was lifeless. He had friends. They just didn't attend the same school. They were in a band. A band he loved. His friends were all he had after all. They all went to separate schools but lived close to each other. It was how they met. At the young, tender age of 7, the other boys didn't question Zacky's silence. They just went with it and grew to care for him throughout their lives. He knew they would always stick together even after graduation.

But anyway... Back to this horrid partner project.

His unlucky partner was the new girl. Indy Evans. People seemed to like her already and first period only started.

She was interesting, Zacky noted, but she would probably forget about him once this whole project thing blew over. He didn't have anything to offer. He was just a socially challenged, awkward boy who sat in the corner all by himself. No one hated him. No one liked him. Everyone avoided him.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by a sweet sounding voice.

"Hi, Zacky! I'm Indy."

Indy was a petite, light brown haired girl. She had vibrant hazel eyes and a cheerful smile. She had a positive attitude and wasn't at all shy when it came to meeting new people. She was, put simply, the opposite of Zack.

All he could do was nod in reply. The other students had long ago switched seats to be with their partners and she had moved her stuff to the seat across from his.

He watched as her eyes quickly scanned the project sheet. When she suddenly looked up, their eyes met, but he hastily broke eye contact as soon as it started.

"These questions.." she started. "Are really really boring."

Zacky read over the sheet himself and nodded in agreement.

"I don't think I'll know you even after you've answered them!" she exclaimed. "Let's add our own questions once we finish these."

He didn't want to. He hated the thought of it. He wanted to shake his head, glare at her, scoff, roll his eyes, anything.

But..

All he did was nod.