Status: It's a short...it's done...

Orphan of Nightengale

The Orphan of Nightengale

Sadie was flying. Well, not really flying, bu the closest thing humanly possible to it. She could not let the Counte catch her again.
Sadie was flying because she stole a loaf of bread from the palace kitchen. The palace was always where she and her other street-rat kids "got" their food, and Sadie was sure that they wouldn't miss that tiny loaf of bread. She had to feed her brothers and sisters and the rest of the kids who lived at the Nightengale.
The Nightengale was a run-down bookshop that she and six other children lived in. She had to get food to them before the Counte caught her, her friends, and her siblings and shoved them into another orphanage where they'd starve.
Her feet pounded harder and harder on the pavement, lifting her higher, and higher, with each stride, until they didn't come down at all. Panic flooded her. She actually started flying.
"How will I get them this bread if I don't come down?" and "Why am I off the ground? Why am I off the ground?" were the only two things that she could think of.
There was a popping noise and, looking down to see what it was, she saw her hand cleanly plummet to earth. Then, another "Pop!" her foot was gone. "Pop!" her whole leg. "POP" her right big toe. "POP! Pop! Pop! Pop!": the rest of her toes. Her shin, her ankle, and then her remaining leg. Her waist and hips: "POP!" Her remaining arm "Pop!", the bread fell down with it. She looked at herself (or lack there of, all that was left at this point was her neck and head). "POP!" (I take it back, just her head.) Her frizzy red orphan Annie fro whipped around in distress. She tried to scream, but found it too late as her lips had already popped off. Another pop. She guessed her eyebrows, but was unable to tell as she had no hands and there were no mirrors in the sky.
"Pop!" her fro. "Pop!" her head, all but her nose which was the only thing cleaving her to the last mortal thread of humanity.
"POP!"
DON"T STEAL THINGS!
♠ ♠ ♠
Originally written as a joke, i find this story to be actually amusing. When i was younger and was trying to write a story, I would read it to my father and say "What should happen next?"
He'd always reply with a "And then, his lips fell off..." or "And his nose fell off...",
so i decided to actually make a story in which this occurred.