Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

01- The Great Escape

"Oh why the long faces? You guys will love it here."

"But we liked it where we were. Why can't Dad just keep his old job? It's not like we were poor or anything." said Destiny as she stopped texting and looked at her mother.

"Yeah. I know there's a good college over here or whatever, but I'm just going to play my guitar." said Paul.

"You just want to party." said Destiny as she closed her sidekick.

"Like you don't."

"Okay, stop. We're almost there." said their mother as she turned right.

Destiny rolled her olive eyes and sighed. Today she had her blonde hair in waves down her back. She wore a simple white tank top and a blue plaid skirt. Finally they pulled up to a nice two story house. It was pretty big and baby blue with navy blue trimmings.

"Wow, this looks nice." said Paul.

Destiny looked up, "Whoa, we're living here?"

"Yes. Now let's go inside, shall we?" asked their mother as she parked the van in the garage.

Destiny got out and looked around. The house looked fairly new and modern. "So how many rooms are there? Please tell me that we don't have to share." she said as she shoved her sidekick in her purse.

Paul jumped on her back, "What ever do you mean sissy? Why wouldn't you want to share a room with me, your most wonderful older brother?" asked Paul.

"Get off of me hog!" she screamed as she toppled under his weight.

"Paul! Stop that. Are you okay honey?" asked their mother as she helped Destiny up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." said Destiny as she brushed herself off. She noticed a small scrape on her knee, "Look what you did, butt plug." she said as she shoved Paul.

Paul just laughed as he followed the rest of them to the house.

"There are six rooms, two are for you guys. And one for me and your father. One is an office, two will be spare bedrooms and the basement will be for Paul's music." said their mother as she set some stuff down in the kitchen.

Destiny looked around. The kitchen was huge. It had a bunch of cabinets, a big stove, two ovens, two sinks and an island counter in the middle. "Wow, this looks great."

"Go to your rooms. We just set the stuff in the hallway. You guys can choose your rooms."

Destiny ran up the stairs and looked at each room. Finally she chose one the master bedroom. She looked around, "Mom, can I paint it a different color?" she asked as she noticed the mural of disney characters on the walls.

"Yeah, do you want to go with me to get some paint?"

"That would be helpful." said Destiny as she looked at her walls with disgust.

"Paul, take your sister down town will you?"

"Are you kidding me? I don't know my way around here." said Paul as he came out of his room.

"Alright. I forgot. I'll be done here in a minute." she said as she went into another room.

Destiny picked up her purse. She took out her wallet and her sidekick. She didn't feel like taking her purse this time. "I'll be in the car." said Destiny as she walked down stairs.

A few minutes they arrived at Home Depot. Destiny was ditched by her mother who went to go look at sinks while her brother went to look at storage containers. Destiny looked at various paint sample cards. Trying to decide which one would look better in her room.

"Excuse me, can I help you with anything mam?" asked a guy as he came up behind her.

She turned around and smiled at him. "I'm just trying to find out which color I want my room." she replied.

He was cute. He was tall and thin with the brightest blue eyes she had ever seen. And she loved how his brown hair seemed unkempt, but in a sexy way. "Well, we have a lot of colors available. And we can mix some to get just the color you want." he said.

Destiny nodded, "Well, I was thinking about like a black."

"Alright. Well, next question would be how much paint would you need? A gallon, five gallons?"

"I think a gallon should be enough."

"Alright. Follow me. I'm Martin by the way." he said as he walked behind a counter.

"Destiny." she said.

"Cool." he said as he began typing into a keyboard. Then he picked up a gallon of white paint and opened it. He placed it underneath a spout. "It'll just take a while. The paint has to mix and what not." he said.

"No problem." she said as she waited patiently by the counter.

"So are you new here?" he asked.

"Yeah. We just moved here today."

"Oh, really? That's great. Welcome to the neighborhood. You'll like it here."

"Really?"

"Not really. It's kinda boring here. Well, I don't know. I've been here all my life so I think it's boring." he said with a shrug.

"Oh, well I haven't had time to explore so I wouldn't know either."

"Hey, umm... if you want to there's a party tonight. I mean if you're not busy unpacking by then."

"Sure. Where?"

"It's going to be down by the lake. If you have like, brothers or sisters, they're more than welcome to come too."

"Alright. Do you have directions? I still don't know my way around."

"Yeah..." he said as he grabbed a piece of scrap paper and wrote down some directions. "Hope to see you there." he said as he handed her the paper.

"I'll be there."

Martin smiled as he painted a dot on the label of the lid and then resealed it. "And here is your paint."

"Thank you, Martin."

"Your welcome, Destiny." he said with a wave.

Destiny picked up the paint and went to go find her mom. Later Destiny had finished painting her room. She left the windows all open so the fumes wouldn't bother her. She looked around proudly at her room. She loved how she had put white stars and pink hearts randomly on the walls.

"Okay, I'm going to have Dad put in my bed and then everything will be all set in my room." said Destiny as she came down the stairs.

"Alright. I'll be there in a minute." said her father as he came up the stairs.

Destiny then walked into her bathroom, "I'm going to take a shower." she said as she closed the door. She stripped off her clothes and turned on the water. She stepped in and let the spray rinse away any tension that she may have had. Afterwards she walked out into her room with a towel on. Her bed was set up and made.

She locked her door and found some clothes to wear. She settled on jeans and her FOB shirt. She brushed her hair and put on some eyeliner. Then applied a little chapstick before grabbing her wallet and her sidekick. She looked out and seen her parents were in their room. She carefully walked to their room. "Mom, I'm going for a walk. I've got my phone just in case."

"Alright. Be back before midnight." said her mother.

"Alright Mom." said Destiny with a smile. She then walked down the stairs and took her hoodie off the coat rack.

"Where are you going?" asked Paul as he stood in front of the door.

"Out. I told mom already." she said as she slipped the hoodie on and zipped it up.

"MOM!!"

"I know." she replied.

"Told you." said Destiny as she reached for the handle.

"Fine. But I'm going too. MOM! I'M GOING WITH DESTINY!" he yelled.

"Alright." said their mother as she stood at the top of the stairs.

Paul grabbed his hoodie too and followed Destiny out the door. "So where are you going? Found some drugs here already?" asked Paul jokingly.

"No, I actually found an opening for a whore. What the hell do you think? I got invited to a party." said Destiny as she shoved her hands in her jeans pocket.

"Already?" asked Paul. "Damn, you're good. Perhaps I'll just pimp you around to find the parties." he said.

Destiny shoved him, "Shut up. Don't be hatin' just because I got game." she said.

"Shut up. I have more game than you have ever had." said Paul.

Destiny read the street sign and then turned.

"Where is this party?"

"It's at the lake but I'm going to have a ride there." she said as she read the house address. She walked up to the door of a cozy white house. It was really nice looking. She knocked softly on the door.

"Come in." said a female voice.

Destiny turned to her brother and waved for him to come. She opened the door, "Hello?"

"Oh, hello deary. You must be one of Martin's friends." said a woman with long brown hair pulled back in a pony tail.

"I'm Sally. But please call me mom."

"Alright. I'm Destiny and this is my brother Paul."

"Martin! You've got company!" she said as she faced the stairs. "He'll be down shortly." she said with a smile.

Martin walked down the stairs, "Oh there you are. Who's this?"

"I'm Paul, her older brother."

"Martin. Martin Johnson. So let's go. I'll be back late mom."

"Alright." she said from the kitchen.

"So where do you guys live?"

"Just down the street and to the right. We're the big blue house." said Destiny.

"Oh, that new one they just built. Cool."

"So what do you do Martin?"

"Well, I'm a college student, a junior. I work at Home Depot part time and other than that I'm working on my music."

"Oh you play what?"

"Um... guitar. And I've been working on my singing too." said Martin.

"Cool. I play the guitar too."

"Oh yeah? For how long?"

"Ever since he learned to move his fingers." said Destiny.

"Don't exaggerate. I've been playing since I was in middle school." said Paul.

"Awesome. So are you in college?"

"I was supposed to be about a couple years ago, but it doesn't appeal to me much." said Paul.

"What about you?" he asked as he looked at Destiny.

"Me? No, I'm finishing my last year of high school."

"Oh. Well, we're here." said Martin as he pulled up to the lake.

A big bon fire was burning as some people were dancing.

"I know it doesn't look like much, but wait until the Dj and shit comes." said Martin as he shut off the engine.

Destiny got out and realized that everyone there was probably in college. A lot of people were drinking and smoking. Paul put his hands on his hips.

"Come on, I'll introduce you guys." said Martin as he walked down to the beach. He had a white shirt on with tight black pants and some airwalks.

Destiny followed him and her brother. It wasn't long before Paul found some guys and joined their circle. She could tell he was having fun because he would over exaggerate with his one hand while the other carefully clutched a beer bottle.

"One for you. And one for me." said Martin as he came up behind her.

"Thanks." she said as she took a drink.

"So, are you having fun?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Well, I was just wondering if you would want to go for a ride? I'm not driving. One of the desig's are." said Martin as he held up his hands.

"For what?"

"Beer run."

"Alright. I guess Paul will be okay for a bit."

"Yeah, Bryan'll watch him." said Martin.

Destiny stood up and chugged the rest of her beer before tossing the bottle into the pile.

"Whoa... slow down." said Martin as he looked at her with a lopsided grin.

Destiny giggled, "I don't want anyone to be arrested for letting a minor drink in their vehicle." she said.

"Alright, I forgot. No open containers." he said as he chugged his too. He absent mindedly put his arm around her shoulders. "Hey John! Let's go!" he yelled as some guy began running towards them.

"So where we going?"

"To that corner store."

"Alright." said John as he took Martin's keys.

Destiny got into the back with Martin.

"Let's roll man!" said Martin as he patted John on the shoulder.

"Alright." he replied.

They made it to the store and Martin grabbed a shopping cart.

"Okay, we need junk food too." he said as he stood on the bottom bar and propelled himself foreward.

Destiny laughed, "You're like a big kid."

"And your point being..." said Martin as he stopped in front of the chip aisle. He threw in random bags of chips. "What else guys?"

"I don't know." said Destiny.

John shurgged, "How about hot dogs?"

"Go get like seven packages. And then get a shit load of buns." said Martin as he turned down the beer aisle.

"Alright. How much should we get?"

"How about three cases?" said Destiny.

"Alright. You get one and I'll get the other two." he said as he picked up a couple.

Destiny lifted one into the basket.

John found them, "I got ketchup and mustard too."

"Alright. I think we're done here." said Martin as he began walking to the counter.

They waited in line as the cashier rang everything up. He stopped at the beer. "Do you all have ID?" Martin pulled his out as did John.

Destiny pulled out her fake ID, "And here's mine." she said as she handed hers over.

The cashier looked at it, "Alright." he handed them back before ringing up the beer.

Martin paid and then they left the store. "I thought you were only in high school!" said Martin as they got back in the car.

"It's a fake. Back where I come from, everyone needs one." she said as she closed the door.

"Where to now chillins?" asked John.

"Let's run through the suburbs really quick. And put the top down." said Martin as he opened up a beer.

Destiny grinned as she opened one too. She could feel herself beginning to get buzzed.

John turned and slowed down, "Go." he said to Martin as he began to put the top down.

Martin sat on the car, "Come on Destiny."

"Okay." she said as she got up with him too.

He put an arm around her shoulder and took a drink. "Go John."

John sped up a bit.

"WHOOO HOOO! YEAH! WAKE UP EVERYONE!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

"WHOOO HOOO!! GET UP AND PARTY!!" screamed Destiny as she laughed along with Martin.

Some lights on the mansions flipped on.

"WAKE UP CALL!!" screamed Martin as he finished his beer and threw it by one of the fences.

They roared with laughter as the glass shattered. Destiny finished hers and threw it behind her.

"Okay, get back inside." said John as he began putting the top up.

Martin got back in his seat as did Destiny. She had to admit that she had never felt more alive than she did with Martin at that moment.

"Alright, now let's head back. I'm pumped up and ready to party!" said Martin as he handed a beer to Destiny.

"Me too. You know, I've never had this much fun since forever." said Destiny as she opened her beer.

Martin grinned, "Really?"

"Yeah."

"You hear that? I've made a difference to this girl's life." said Martin.

"Don't cry now." said John jokingly.

"I just might..." said Martin as he rolled his eyes.

They got back to the party and the DJ was there finally. Paul was dancing with some girl and didn't even notice that they rolled up.

"Oh, he's found someone already." said Destiny.

"Yeah, and he better watch himself. That's my little sister." said John as he got out.

Destiny carried a case while John and Martin got the rest of the stuff. They set it down with the rest of the stuff.

"Come on. Let's dance." said Martin as he held onto her hand.

"Alright." she said as she allowed herself to be led out to the makeshift dance floor.

After a while they got tired of dancing and began walking around. Destiny was on her sixth beer. "I'm drunk now." she said as she tossed her bottle into the pile.

"Me too." said Martin.

"What time is it?" asked Destiny.

Martin looked at his watch, "I don't know... Look." he said as he held out his wrist.

She grabbed it, "Well I can't tell either." she said.

"Alright, well I'm going to my car and chill." he said.

"I'm coming too." she said as she followed him.

They both got in the back seat which was pretty big. He laid down and let her lay with him.

"Did you have fun?" asked Martin.

"Yeah. Thank you."

"No problem. What's your last name?"

"Di Giovanni." said Destiny.

"Oh, that's cool. Sounds a lot better than Johnson." said Martin.

"Yeah? Try spelling it when you're little." she said.

"Okay. Point taken." he said as he looked at her.

"Ooh... Someone's having car sex." said a voice from outside.

"Oh, to be young!" said another.

Martin rolled his eyes as Destiny giggled. "Hold on." he said as he reached over and opened the door, "Get a life losers!" he screamed before closing it once again.

"So what was the party for?" asked Destiny.

"Oh, the beginning of summer vacation."

"So there's a whole three months for celebrating."

"I know, but me and my buddies just got out grades and we made Dean's list. So yeah." said Martin.

"Congrats. You're a certifiable nerd."

"No I'm not. I'm just a guy. I didn't even try this semester. But somehow I got it." said Martin.

Destiny smiled at him, "Well I think you deserve it."

"Thanks." he replied as he looked into her eyes.

"You look cute drunk." said Destiny as she tossled his hair a bit.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" asked Martin jokingly. "Cuz, I'll tell you right now girlfriend... I'm drunk enough to fall for it." he said.

She giggled, "Don't ever use the valley girl tone again."

Martin laughed, "Fine. But your beautiful too." he said.

"Thanks." she said as she felt herself beginning to blush.

He smiled as he leaned in to kiss her. She kissed him back knowing that she probably shouldn't because she had just met this guy. But something inside her told her that it was right. Suddenly a fist pounded on the window.

Martin sighed, "Sorry."

"It's alright." said Destiny as she just leaned herself closer to him.

Martin opened the door, "What do you want?"

"Paul want's to go home." said John.

"Alright. Take him home."

"Then I'll have to go too." said Destiny as she sat up.

"Oh, tell him hold on." said Martin.

John nodded and walked away.

Martin sat up and looked at her, "Well, can I get a phone number?"

"Yeah. Got a pen?"

"Nah, just my cell." he said as he lifted up his rear so he could pull his cell out of his back pocket. He flipped it open, "Here type it in."

"Alright." she said as she typed hers in. Then she pulled out hers and called it with his phone.

"What are you doing?" asked Martin.

"Getting your phone number too." she said as she saved his in her sidekick.

"Oh, smart one." he said with a grin.

"Alright, so I guess you're brother'll be here in a minute."

"Yeah, well..." she said as she leaned in and kissed him again. She sat on his lap and he rested his hands on her hips.

"Whoa... get off of him drunk thing." said Paul as he jumped into the front seat.

Destiny pulled away and flipped him off.

"I'm telling mom." he said with a childish tone.

"Shut up Paul." she said as she got off of Martin's lap.

Finally they got home and Paul jumped out first. "I'll see you some other time?" asked Destiny as she looked at Martin.

"Of course." he replied with a kiss.

Destiny giggled, "Alright. Call me. Nice to meet you John."

"Nice to meet you too." he replied.

Destiny jumped out of the car and ran to the house. She got inside and took off her shoes so they wouldn't make a sound. She quickly darted upstairs and entered her bedroom. She seen it was three in the morning. "Shit..." she whispered. She crawled into bed and fell asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long chapter. I have a tendency to write too much. Anyway, comments?