Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

03- Hero/Heroine

The next day Destiny had to go with her Aunt. Martin was walking along the docks. He stopped and leaned against the protective railing. He couldn't stop smiling.

"Hey, why are you so happy?" asked Bryan as he walked up to Martin.

Martin turned, "You know that girl I'm going out with."

Bryan took off his hood and began smoothing down his hair, "The jailbait? Uh... Destiny, right?"

"Yeah."

"What about her? You better not be messin' around with her. Paul will kill you."

"Nah, I'm faithful. You know that."

"Then what's up?" asked Bryan as he shrugged.

"I'm in love." he said dreamily as he watched a sailboat go by.

"No, seriously. What's going on."

Martin sighed and chuckled, "Is it that hard to think that I would be in love?"

"Yeah... I mean, it's great and all. But you said the same thing about Jessica. And Holly... and..."

"I get it. And this time it's different." said Martin.

"How so?" asked Bryan as he applied some chapstick.

"Well before I was like all... blah.... and now things are different. I feel like I'm on cloud nine when I just think about her. I remember at our party, when we were in the car I kinda rolled my eyes and didn't think that anyone like her would be good for me. Because she's so young and I thought that it would be awkward to be friends with her let alone anything else. But it's like ever since I've started to go out with her I feel so invincible. Like I can do anything. I know that it's kinda bad because of the age difference, but it feels so right. I don't know. I see her smile, and I know that everything is going to be okay. I don't know." said Martin.

Bryan nodded, "Yeah, you're in love. Like majorly. So did you think about dating her that time you brought her to our party?" asked Bryan.

Martin shook his head, "No. I just thought that she was hot and had to come. She caught me off guard when I realized how different she was. She's amazing in more ways than one."

"Eww... I didn't need to know that." said Bryan as he pretended to barf.

Martin frowned and then blushed, "Shut up."

"So have you guys... you know... Because you have to be extra careful. If she gets pregnant, you could end up in prison for thirty years. Then you'll have to register as a sex offender..."

"I know." said Martin as he continued to watch the boats come in and out of the harbour.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know. I want to get her like a promise ring or something. But first I wanna make sure she feels the same way about me?" said Martin.

Bryan nodded, "That would be wise. But she's kinda young though. Maybe her parents won't approve of everything. Do they realize that you're six years older than Destiny?"

"I don't know. I've only met them one when I went to pick her up." shrugged Martin.

"Well you should talk to them. You know, get to know them. Then maybe they won't press charges if she's knocked up."

"Shut up." said Martin as he jumped onto Bryan's back. "You're just jealous because I'm not with you." he said as he tossled his hair.

"Stop! You're messing up the 'do." said Bryan as he struggled under Martin's weight. "Get off of me."

Martin laughed, "You know you like it."

"I know. I like it too much though." said Bryan as he sighed with relief when Martin got off of him.

"So what are you doing? Other than pretending to care about me and Destiny?"

"I do care man. I haven't seen you this happy in like... forever. That and I was wondering if you would want to do something. We could hang out you know. Besides everyone else ditched me." said Bryan as he leaned against the railing.

Martin grinned, "Last one to the arcade is a dildo." he said as he took off running.

"That's not fair! You got a headstart and longer legs!" yelled Bryan as he ran behind him.

Destiny was in the living room with her brother Paul as they watched Fuse. "That band sucked..." said Destiny.

"Yes they do." said Paul as he stretched out on the couch.

Destiny sighed as she opened her cell phone.

"What's wrong? Your boyfriend hasn't answered your texts?"

"Shut up. Maybe his phone is on silent..."

"Or maybe he's with someone else."

"Fuck off. Just because your jealous of our relationship." said Destiny as she stood up. She stretched and looked at the clock on the wall. "She should be here by now." she said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well, she might be in traffic yet." shrugged Paul.

"Or maybe she's walking in the door." said their Aunt Dolly as she entered the house. "Thank you guys for watching the house. I know you have better things to do."

"No problem." said Destiny as she hugged her.

"Well, here's something for you. And something for you too Paulie." she said as she handed them a hundred dollars each. "Thanks Aunty." said Paul as he hugged her.

"Now scoot along and have fun."

"Alright, bye aunty!" said Destiny as she exited the house.

Paul followed her, "Well that was pretty cool." he said as he unlocked the doors on the car. "So now where shall we go?" he asked as he put on his seat belt.

Destiny shrugged, "Can we please go home. I wanna see what Martin's doing."

"How old is he anyway?" asked Paul.

"21..." she said as she began applying her lip gloss.

"21? Well, atleast he's not older than me." said Paul.

Destiny smiled, "What would you do if he were?"

"Kick his ass." said Paul.

Destiny laughed, "I'd like to see that."

"You don't believe me? Well, I can take Martin down any time and any place."

"Sure." said Destiny.

"Shut up. I'm taking you home." he said as he sped up slightly.

They made it home some hours later and Destiny got out. She went up to her bed room first. She quickly changed her clothes and sprayed herself with some perfume. "Mom, I'm going out."

"Alright. Midnight."

"I know." she said as she walked out the door. This time she was wearing a t-shirt and some jeans. She walked down to the park and sat in one of the swings. She flipped her sidekick open and began texting Martin, "Where are you?"

"Right here." he said as he grabbed her from behind.

She screamed as she turned around. "Oh my god. You scared the hell out of me." she said as she slapped his arm playfully.

His phone began going off in his pocket, "Hold on. It's from my secret lover." he said as he pulled out his phone. He pushed a couple of buttons before snapping it shut again.

"Well, aren't you going to answer it?"

"Nah, she can wait." he said with a grin.

Destiny smiled as she hugged him.

"Where were you? I missed you all day." he said as he pulled back and kissed her.

"I was with my brother helping him watch Aunt Dolly's house."

"Oh, well I'm glad that you're back."

"Me too." she said as she hugged him.

Martin smiled, "Well, the night is young, wanna do something?"

"Sure." said Destiny as she laced her hand with his.

They ended up going to the mall. They were just walking around and looking at things through the windows.

"Uh oh.... Save me." said Martin as he held Destiny closer to him.

"Why? What is it?"

"It's Holly. She still wants me even though I've told her multiple times that I'm seeing someone. She thinks that I'm just saying that to make her jealous." said Martin.

"Come here." said Destiny as she sat him down on the bench.

She got on his lap, "I know something that always seems to work." she said as she kissed him deeply. They began making out right there in the middle of the mall.

"Whoa Destiny... Save something for the imagination." said Bryan as he walked up to them.

Destiny looked up and seen him with Paul and John. "Sorry. But he just makes me..."

"Stop! I don't want to hear it!" said Paul as he plugged his ears.

"I was going to say happy. Gosh, pervert." said Destiny as she put her arms around Martin's neck.

Martin rested his arms around her waist, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Just shopping and then we found you guys about ready to make babies on the floor here."

"Could we please not talk about that? This is my little sister we're talking about." said Paul as he looked at Bryan.

Bryan shrugged, "Fine."

"Martin?" asked a female voice.

"Holly... Umm... How are you?" asked Martin politely as Destiny looked up.

"Fine. You?"

"Pretty good."

"Who are you?" asked Holly.

"I'm Destiny. Martin's girlfriend." she said as she kissed him lovingly on the cheek.

Martin blushed.

"Aren't you kinda young for him?"

"Actually I'm older than I look." said Destiny as she smiled.

"Well come on. We have to go look at rings. No wedding is complete without those." said Bryan.

"Yeah, you're not marrying my little sister without a wedding ring." said Paul as he looked at his cell phone.

"And the shop will be open for another hour or so." said Bryan as he checked his watch.

"Well, let's go Martin." said Destiny as she got off his lap.

They bursted up laughing when they walked out of the mall. "Oh my gosh, didn't you see her face?" asked Bryan.

"Yeah, well what does she expect? She was a complete bitch to Martin." said John as he shrugged.

Destiny smiled, "Well, then she doesn't deserve Martin. Because he's a wonderful human being." she said.

Martin looked back at the guys, "You all heard that? I'm a wonderful human being. We should have gotten that on tape."

"I know. She never says things like that."

"Fuck off." said Destiny as she shoved her brother.

"See, there's the Destiny that we all know and love." said Paul.

"Well, she's always nice to me." said Martin as he kissed her softly.

"Eww... you guys can wait until we're gone, can't you? Damn horn dogs." said John.

"Shut up. And behave yourself around my little sister." said Paul as he looked at Martin before walking off with the rest of them.

"Well, now what?" asked Martin as he looked at Destiny.

"How about we make good use of our time?" she asked as she gave him that knowing glance.

"Alright." he said as he escorted her to the car once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to thank: xtragedyx for commenting. It does mean alot to me. Hope that you guys like this one. I've never seen such an explosion on readers, especially for my Jonas story, it's amazing... Comments?