Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

04- On Top Of The World

Time passed too quickly for Destiny, as school was on the horizon. She knew that she was to start her senior year. And that meant, less time with Martin. Because he would be off to college, while she would be stuck at home. She sat on the cool grass.

Tonight was their last night together. They had decided to take a break and focus on school. Mainly because Martin wanted her to finish high school, in hopes that she would go to the same college as he was.

Martin showed up, "Hey Destiny." he said as he sat next to her.

"Hey." she said as she smiled softly.

"So tonight is the last night before I go off to college... again." he said as he looked at her.

"Yep. And I'll be finishing high school." said Destiny.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too." said Destiny.

"Come here." said Martin he pulled her closer. "Let's star gaze for a while and forget about tomorrow." said Martin.

Destiny laid down with him as she looked at the stars. "There are a lot of stars tonight." said Destiny.

"Yeah. I feel like I'm on top of the world right now." said Martin.

"You're the best boyfriend I've ever had." said Destiny as she held onto his hand.

"And you're the best girlfriend I've ever had." he replied with a kiss.

"I promise I'll come back to you." he said as he looked at her.

Destiny smiled, "I'll be here waiting then." she said with a smile.

Martin leaned over and kissed her once more. The next morning they were off in their own realms. Destiny walked the halls of the high school, and never felt more alone. She had her hands shoved in her pockets as she walked from class to class. She felt like she couldn't think of anything else but Martin.

Martin sat in his class, his pencil poised and ready to write down notes. But his brain some how didn't get the message. Instead he looked out the window. Clouds passed by in the bright blue sky. He was finally jolted from his daze when he noticed people beginning to get up and leave.

Destiny walked back home in the dark. She had a late practice with the soccer team and Academic Decathalon. She entered the house and walked upstairs.

"Destiny, dinner's ready if you're hungry." said her mother.

"I'm not hungry." said Destiny as she walked into her room. She set down her binder on the desk and opened it up to the Super Quiz part. She sat there and tried reading, but found her gaze drifting towards the streetlights along their street. She sighed heavily and got up to take a shower.

Martin laid in his bed as his room mate entered.

"Dude, there's going to be a frat party. You down?" he asked as he looked at Martin.

Martin shook his head, "Nah, I don't feel good."

"Alright. Peace out." he said as he exited the room once again.

Martin turned over on his side and tried to get some sleep.

Destiny still sat up trying to retain as much information as she could from the seemingly endless pages. She closed her eyes and sighed as she rubbed them gently. She could feel sleep tugging at her eyelids. So she stood up and began getting ready for bed. She stopped when she noticed a picture of her and Martin together. She sighed heavily before shoving it in her drawer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on this one. I hope that you like this chapter too. Comment on this chapter? Thanks for reading.