Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

05- Thunder

Image

"So what happened during your summer?" asked Thomas as he walked with Martin to their next class.

Martin shrugged, "Nothing much. Got another guitarist for the band."

"Any girls?" asked Thomas with a grin.

"Just one."

"Cool. Did you get her name? Or did you just leave her?"

"I'm not like that. I dated her the whole summer."

"A name?"

"Destiny. She's the most beautiful girl ever. I mean her eyes are this bright olive color. And her voice just is so sweet. So metimes I wish that summer didn't end." said Martin.

"Why? Aren't you still with her?"

"No, she's finishing up her last year of high school. So we just agreed it'd be easier to take a break. Besides, she's kinda young. She might find someone else."

"Yeah, but it seems like you're the one that won't find it quite so easy to forget her." said Thomas as he looked at Martin.

Martin shrugged, "I love her. I can honestly say that. And I know that if there was anyone I would want to share my life with, it would most definitely be her." said Martin.

"Sounds serious. Do you think she was just as serious?" asked Thomas as he held open the door for him.

"Yeah, she seemed very committed." said Martin.

"Good. One thing that I really hate is seeing someone hurt by someone else who is afraid to commit." said Thomas.

"I appreciate it. I really do." said Martin.

Destiny sat in her art class, painting a new portrait.

"You know, there's some guy over there totally checking you out." said Avery as she leaned close to Destiny.

Destiny turned and seen a guy turn the other way, "You know that I'm not available." said Destiny.

Avery sighed, "Why not? I thought you and Martin broke up."

"No, we're on a break. There's a difference." said Destiny as she continued painting.

"How is that different?" asked Avery as she sat down next to Destiny.

"Because I told him that I would wait for him. Besides, I don't have time for a boyfriend right now. I've got so much to do this year to make up for moving here." said Destiny as she put down her paint brush and looked at Avery.

"Like what? You've got better grades than our valedictorian candidate." said Avery.

Destiny rolled her eyes, "That's not what I'm talking about. I've got to take all these classes that I've avoided. Like Art, Foreign Language, and stuff like that." said Destiny as she began cleaning her paint brush.

Avery shrugged, "What ever. But I don't see what you see in Martin. He's like way older than you."

"He's only six years older than me." said Destiny.

"See what I mean! You're not supposed to be dating anyone more than four years older than you."

"Says the girl that's dating my 22 year old brother." said Destiny. "Look, I know you miss our double dates and stuff, but I love Martin."

"No way, you did not use that four letter lie." hissed Avery as she leaned in closer.

Destiny fowned, "What do you mean? I love him. Okay? It shouldn't be that hard to understand. He's sweet, charming, sexy..."

"Also old."

"You know what? I've never said anything about you dating my brother and Martin is younger than he is."

"And I also happen to be older. You're only fifteen. What do you know about love?"

"I know what my heart tells me. And it says that Martin is the only guy for me. Alright? Now if you excuse me, I've got to rinse out my brushes." said Destiny as she stood and walked to the sinks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally got the banner to work. Thankfully xtragedyx is still reading this one. Hope that you liked it, and as always, thank you for reading. Comments?