Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

06- Me, You and My Medication

Image

Martin was driving along the highway. He had just left a party that he hoped would help him stop thinking about Destiny. He had smoked massive amount of weed and drank way too much. He pulled over. "John, can you drive?" he asked.

John nodded, "About time you ask. I told you you're way too intoxicated."

"Shut up and drive." said Martin as he crawled into the back.

John got in the driver seat and took off, "So where are you going?"

"Home. I gotta see Destiny."

"But midterms are this week."

"I gotta see her! I love her, alright?! Just please take me to her..." he said as he laid back down in the back seat.

"Love is a candy coated creation for guys to lose their minds dude."

"Says the guy who never fell in love." said Martin as he looked up at the stars. They seemed oddly closer than usual. "Dude the stars are going to fall on us."

"Martin, nothing's going to happen. Just try to get some sleep. You're probably experiencing some of the effects of using marijuana with your meds, and alcohol. I told you that you should have slowed down a long time ago."

"Please just take me to Destiny. I need to see her."

"No you don't. You have to get some rest and get ready for midterms. Besides, she's probably asleep yet. It's three in the fucking morning." said John.

Martin shook his head, "No man. Don't do this to me... Let's turn around."

John stopped, "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know. Let's just go back." said Martin as he sat up and opened the door. He fell out and got up.

John shut the car off and ran to the other side, "Martin! What are you doing?"

"I need to put an end to this pain." he said as he began to stand up.

"Martin, stop. You've had enough."

"No, it still hurts! Get off of me!" he screamed as he pushed John away. He fell back onto the ground and began crying softly.

John looked at him before kneeling down, "Do you seriously want to see Destiny?"

"Yes... I miss her so much." said Martin.

"Well, come on. I'll take you back to the dorms and I'll get her."

"No, I want to see her now." he said as he tried to get up.

John helped him up, "Come on, let's get you off the ground." he said as he ushered him into the car. They drove back home to the dorms.

Destiny sat outside of her house. She had gotten a call from John saying that he would pick her up. She didn't exactly know why, but it sounded serious. She had her hair tossed back in a loose ponytail. She wore a t-shirt and jeans. She looked up when she seen headlights come towards her. She stood and smiled when she seen Martin's car.

She walked up to the window, "Where's Martin?"

"He's at the school. Come on, I'll take you." said John.

Destiny nodded as she walked around and got into the front seat.

"So how have you been?"

"Umm... Okay. School's boring and full of stupid people."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No. I miss Martin too much." she said as she sighed.

"I didn't mean..."

"No, it's alright. I love Martin more than anything in the world. I'd do anything for him."

"Really?"

"Yeah, even if it means waking up at four to go see him." said Destiny with a laugh.

John laughed, "Sorry about that. He was pretty set on seeing you now."

"What's going on?"

"Well, we just came back from a party and he's been acting weird." said John with a shrug.

"Was he drinking?"

"Yeah."

"Smoking?"

"A little."

"Don't lie to me." said Destiny.

"Yeah, okay. He was smoking quite a bit."

"Oh."

"What is it?"

"Nothing, I was just hoping that he'd take care of himself."

"It's not your fault."

"I know. I just really love him and it would kill me if anything happened to him." said Destiny with a growing lump in her throat.

"Well, I watch him most of the time. So I won't let anything happen to him."

"Alright." said Destiny. In an hour they made it to the school.

John led Destiny to Martin's dorm. He opened the door for her, "He's on his bed. Don't worry, I'm going to my own dorm. It's down the hall. Number 23 when you want to go home."

"Alright. Thanks for everything John."

"No problem. He's my best friend. And I don't like to see him hurt."

"I know." said Destiny as she hugged him.

He hugged her back before heading down to his room.

Destiny entered and found Martin laying on his stomach. She carefully laid next to him, "Hey Martin."

Martin turned over, "Destiny? How'd you get here?"

"John picked me up." she said.

Martin looked at her, "And how'd I get here?"

"John brought you back here." said Destiny.

Martin nodded, "I miss you."

"I miss you too." she replied with a grin.

Martin put a hand on her cheek, "You're so beautiful."

"You are too." said Destiny as she put a hand on his.

Martin kissed her softly. She kissed him again as she laid back on the bed. He slowly got on top of her as their kisses became more demanding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Same ugly banner... lol, the background is from when it snowed in my home town. That doesn't happen very often, and it's only happened about maybe ten time in my whole life. So comments? And thanks for reading.