Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

08- Dance Hall Drug

It had been several months since Destiny had gone to Martin's apartment. Now she was enjoying her Sweet Sixteen. She had admitted to her parents that she didn't deserve it, but they decided to throw her one anyway. Destiny was walking around in her new dress. She was enjoying herself.

She seen her brother had brought alcohol. But she refrained from consuming any, for the sake of her baby. She didn't tell anyone, but she was now four months pregnant. She knew it was Martin's and didn't tell him because they were just now getting on good terms. Her mother knew, and kept all doctor appointments a secret.

Destiny sat down at a table with her friends, "Hey guys."

"Nice of you to join us. Did you see Martin Johnson here?"

"Yeah, he's my friend." said Destiny as she took a drink of her juice.

"Well, he's like majorly hot. And I heard that he's saving himself for some girl." said Jessica as she took a sip of her punch.

"Yeah, and she's supposed to be going to our high school. Can you believe that?" asked Lily as she rolled her eyes.

"Well, I bet she's amazing." said Destiny.

"Oh, Brad totally likes you." said Jessica.

"Well, I'm not interested in him." replied Destiny as she put her cup down.

"I think you should work out more." said Ashlee as she sat down with them.

"What are you talking about? She's got a nice figure." said Lily.

"Yeah, I'm still the same size I was back in middle school." said Destiny.

"Yeah, but I can see you're putting on a little weight."

"Like you've got room to talk." said Jessica.

"Okay, enough about weight."

"There you are my princess." said Joel as he walked up to Destiny and kissed her.

"Hey." she said without returning his kiss.

He sat down, "So what you ladies up to?"

Destiny shrugged, "Nothing."

Martin then walked up, "Destiny, will you dance with me? Just once?" he asked.

"Sure. I'll be back." said Destiny as she got up and walked away with Martin.

"So who's that chump over there?"

"Some conceided guy who constantly thinks he's my boyfriend." said Destiny.

Martin laughed, "Well, he sounds like someone not worth being jealous over."

"Ooh... Jealous were we?" asked Destiny as she looked up at him.

Martin shrugged, "Just a little. Maybe we can make this thing work out. You know with me being in college and you in high school. It shouldn't be that hard. Right?"

"I don't know. Things are kinda difficult for me right now." said Destiny.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's just that I'm finishing up a hundred and fourty credits for this semester so I can get next semester off."

"And why would you want to do that? Are you going to try and enroll in college next semester?"

"Umm... maybe. That could be a possibility. But first I have to work around something else."

"What is it?" asked Martin.

"Wanna go outside for a minute. I need some air."

"Sure." he said as he began walking outside with her.

She walked outside and sat down on the lawn. "Come here. This involves you too." she said.

Martin sat down next to her.

"I'm pregnant."

"What?"

"I'm four months pregnant with your baby." said Destiny.

"Seriously? Wow... This is great."

"It is, but I have to adjust to being pregnant for a while. Then I'll get bigger than a house and before you know it, there will be our baby. And I'm new to this mother thing. So I'm not sure..."

"You'll make a great mother. And I'll help you out. But why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because you were mad at me, well we were mad at each other. My mom knows. But no one else except the necessary doctors."

"Alright. So when are you due?"

"In April, the 20th." said Destiny.

"Cool. Well, I'm going to help you out. This is my baby too." said Martin.

"I know."

"Is this why you're Mom's been extra nice to me? Like more than usual?"

"Maybe. At first she was distraught when I said I didn't know who the father was, even though I knew. Then later on I told her and she was okay with it. She said at least I waited until the end of high school. Not like her sister who was just starting high school."

"Oh. Well, I'll start finding an apartment for the both of us. There's no way we'll be able to stay in the dorms together. Let alone with a baby."

"Alright. So you're not mad at me for not telling you sooner."

"No, how could I ever be mad at you?" asked Martin as he pulled her closer to him.

They sat there for a while just looking at the stars.

"Destiny... Honey? I think you should come inside before you catch a cold."

"Yeah, we don't want you to be getting sick." said Martin as he helped her up.

She looked at him weird, "Does he know?"

"Yes, I know." he said as he held onto Destiny.

"And I assure you I will take care of your daughter and our child." he said.

She hugged him, "I knew you would. You know we have to tell the rest of them someday."

"I think we should wait until next month." said Destiny.

"Why next month?" asked her mother.

"Because that'll be when I get my grades. But Martin, you have to be with me."

"I'll check my schedule. I have to make sure that there are no exams that day."

"Alright. And Mom don't pressure him about the 'M' word."

"The what?" asked Martin.

"Nothing." said Destiny as she walked back into the ball room where her party was.

Martin just shrugged and followed her inside. Then Lynn followed them sometime later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for xtragedyx. Thanks for reading, hope that you liked it. Comments? I see that I have two subscribers, and I can guess who one is... Just for fun, I think I'm going to add a couple more.