Status: Active

Boys Like Girls (but What Kind?)

09- Learning To Fall

Destiny was walking around in the mall with Martin. It was winter break for both of them, so they were hanging out.

"So are we going to know the sex of the baby or do we have to wait until the day of delivery?" asked Martin.

"Well, I thought it would be fun to wait, but I seriously would like to know." said Destiny as she instinctively put a hand on her abdomen. She was now almost six months pregnant and luckily didn't blow up. She had gone up a size and finished high school. Everything was set for her to take her place in the graduation ceremony.

"Well, either way, I'll deal. Of course it would mean that we would have to have our names set before baby shows up." said Martin with a grin.

"So are you coming over for Christmas?"

"Am I invited?"

"Of course you are. My mother said that she would like it if you came over. And then we'll tell everyone about us." said Destiny as she began looking at some baby clothing.

Martin chuckled nervously, "I'm still a little apprehensive about telling your brother and your father. They might want to kill me."

"No they won't. I promise." said Destiny as she kissed him tenderly.

"Alright. I'll go then." he said as he kissed her back.

That night Destiny went home. Her mother was out doing some last minute shopping and Paul was out with some friends. Destiny was busy wrapping presents with her father.

"You know, I remember when you were little you would sneak down the stairs at night with your blanky. I used to think it was funny because you would hide underneath the tree waiting for Santa. But you'd fall asleep every time."

"I know. And I'd wake up to a pile of presents all around me."

"Yeah."

"Dad, I've got a question."

"What might that be?"

"Well, what do you think of Martin?"

"He seems like a nice guy. He's kinda quiet though. Why?"

"Just wondering..."

"Are things getting serious? Because I honestly would think that you're too young for something like that."

"I'm older than Mom was when you guys had Paul."

"That was different. He was planned and I didn't know how old she really was." he said.

"Why are we talking about this anyway?"

"Because... I really love Martin. And I want to make sure that you like him. Otherwise, I might have to run away and marry him." said Destiny with a grin.

Her father chuckled, "No, he's a great guy. You don't have to worry about me chasing him off. Though I would like to take a fishing trip with him and Paul before you make any big steps. Alright? I want to get to know him. And I promise he'll come back in the same condition as when he left." said her father.

Destiny laughed, "Alright. Because he means so much to me. He's like the second most important man in my life."

"What about Paul?"

"He's not a man. He's some annoying reject from another planet." said Destiny with a laugh.

Her father laughed as they both continued wrapping presents. The next day Destiny was on the phone in the kitchen with her doctor.

"Tell them that I can't make it today. I've got another appointment at that time that I didn't know about."

Lynn stood by the stove and prepared some tea for her.

"I know. Yes, I'm six months pregnant. No, six months."

"What?"

Destiny turned and seen Paul standing by the counter.

He stared at her in bewilderment.

"I gotta go. Call back in an hour." said Destiny as she hung up.

"Paul what are you doing here?" asked their mother as she looked at him.

"Don't evade the question. You're pregnant? Wha... How... Who's the father?" asked Paul.

"Paul, don't go all Hulk on me." said Destiny as she tried to get him to sit down.

"Don't touch me. You're pregnant!" he stated loudly. He slammed a fist in the counter and then looked up again. "I'm going to kill Martin." he said as he hastily left the house.

Destiny ran after him, "PAUL! DON'T DO THIS! LEAVE HIM ALONE! PAUL! PAUL!" she screamed as he jumped in his car and pulled out of the driveway. She fell to her knees as she took off her shoes and threw them vainly at the car as Paul drove off.

Her mother ran out, "Destiny! Are you okay?"

"No, I gotta find Martin." she said as she sobbed.

"Come on, we'll go in my car." said her mother as she helped Destiny up and they picked up her shoes before pulling out and began to head to Martin's apartment.

Martin was outside walking with John and Bryan.

"Oh, look it's Paul." said Bryan as he waved.

Paul's car screeched to a halt as he quickly pulled up to the curb. Paul got out and Martin could tell that he was mad.

"What's wrong?" asked Martin.

Paul just walked over to Martin and punched him.

"Whoa! Whoa! Paul, what are you doing?" asked John and Bryan as they pulled him off.

"That's for knocking up my sister! You sicken me!" he said as he fought against Bryan and John.

Martin felt above his lip and seen blood on his hand. He got up and looked at him, "I'm taking care of her. It's not like I'm running off or something." he said hotly.

Paul broke loose and they both began fighting. Bryan and John fought hard to try and break them apart.

Destiny seen Paul's car, "Right there.... OH MY GOD!" she said as she jumped out of the car. She ran up and pulled her brother off. "WHAT THE FUCK PAUL! STOP IT!" she screamed.

He shoved her and she fell hard onto the concrete. Both Bryan and John went to help her. Paul stopped when he realized what he had done. "I'm so sorry Destiny." he said softly as he tried to hold her.

"Don't touch me!" she screamed.

Martin stood and wrapped his arms around her.

"Oh, Martin." she said as she seen his face.

"I hate you! You hurt the man I love."

"That's just it! He's a man, and you're just a kid!" said Paul.

"No I'm not and the sooner you realize that, the better. I finished high school! Atleast I'm not twenty-two and still living with my parents!" said Destiny.

"Come on Martin." she said as she walked away with him.

Bryan and John turned to follow them.

"Fine, have the kid. Then see where you end up later on. I bet you won't even go to college."

"Oh, and like you are? Atleast Martin's almost done." she said as she continued walking away.

"Paul, she'll be okay."

"No she won't Mom. She's going to be stuck with this kid for the rest of her life..."

"Just like I was when I was fifteen." said Lynn with a sigh.

Paul looked at her, "What?"

"I was only fifteen when I had you. I had to drop out of high school. Later on I got my GED and finished college. So I know what it's like. Only difference is that my parents kicked me out. Which is why you only visit your father's parents. Mine aren't very keen of you because they remember me being a freshman and pregnant with you."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Do you seriously think you would have been any nicer to me while you were in high school knowing that I was worse than you guys?" asked Lynn.

Paul sighed, "I'm sorry Mom." he said as he hugged her.

"I know you care for her. And I know you're mad because Martin is older and got her pregnant. But you've got to learn that love doesn't care about age, sex, race, thin, fat or whatever. It happens whenever it happens and you have to accept it. She loves Martin and Martin loves your sister. Just be good to them otherwise you'll never know your niece or nephew just like my parents don't know what a great grandson they have." she said as she smoothed down his hair.

"I guess you're right. I should apologize."

"But later. Destiny probably has some steam to blow off. And I have to keep a good watch on her. Stress of this magnitude can't be good for the baby. Now go home and clean up. Looks like Martin got you good." she said noticing his developing black eye.

"Alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
Time is running out on my break, but posting four chapters in ten minutes is pretty good time, no? I think so. Comments? Hope you liked it, and thanks for reading.