Olivianne, with no last name.

The Beginning

I strive each day to be different in the things I do and say, with chance, I make a certain difference but then others take my originality away from me and spit me out like tasteless gum. Copycats transform themselves into my creepy clones. Hideous and trashy much like the 'prophecy' they admired before me. I don't believe in vampires, love at first sight, or both mixed together like some sort of sick pedophiliac love story. To me that's pretty horrific. I don't have any tattoos, super impressive piercings or even colorful hair. I stand 5'5 with bland brown messy uncut hair with a rather 'thick' stature, according my school mates. I see myself as just a human female, nothing more or less than that.

The only impressive thing about me is probably my name; Olivianne. I like to think that my birth parents were going for either Olive or Vivianne, but I've been told before that my name comes from the names Olivia and Anne, big surprise there. I supposed that the cats out of the bag now, I'm an orphan. I was told that I was found wrapped in a towel on a park bench somewhere in sunny California. Apparently, my birth parents were runaways and couldn't afford me. People always ask me about that, I'm just sick of answering. That's what makes me tick, you know, nosey people who pry through your life trying to get a crushingly sappy life story? I'm not one to be messed with and the people I live with know it.

I, currently, live in a five bedroom foster home with two kids in each room sleeping in squeaky bunk beds. My 'roommate' is Conner. An outrageously hyper active blond haired boy that will never ever quit running his mouth. He's like a running motor that never stalls although he can be quite the listener when he takes his Ritalin. So I lie here, on my hand-me-down bed with my black inked pen at hand, writing about me to no one else but I just to pass the time before supper..

A blond bouncing porcupine came my way, rattling the old framed bunk bed. He flashed his crooked teeth and hopped onto my bed and irritatingly asked; "How's the new note book Elizabeth got you?"

Elizabeth Conoway was our seventy-nine year old care taker, she's a total sweetheart. She always wanted to adopt us all but couldn't because of her age and health conditions. Anyways, it was my birthday only a few days ago and my psychologist had suggested that I write my feelings about my life down in a book of some sorts, so she got me this red note book.

Barely paying attention to him I replied; "Yeah, sure."

I shifted my body towards Conner, of which could be considered to be the leaning tower of Pisa's cousin. He didn't leave, move or even wipe his huge smile off of his face. I was getting pretty bothered that he was looking over my shoulder trying to read my stuff.

"Can you leave me alone?" I pleaded hoping for him to take an obvious hint.

His smile faded and was replaced with a distant grunt; "Alright, be that way." And with that he sluggishly stepped out of the room. I felt bad for him since there isn't much to do here unless you want to help out with supper or clean up after the other six kids.

I heard the supper bell ring loudly through out the big house, along with the loud rumbling sound of footsteps rushing to the dinning room. I rolled my eyes to no one else but myself and put away my book under my mattress. I lifted myself from the bed and stalked past the living area. No one was sitting on the old seafoam colored couch or the hard wood floor.

I sighed and made my way down the stairs coming face-to-face with Conner's biological brother Kaleb. He was only a year older than him but he acted so much older than sixteen, I mean, I would be too after what happened to their parents.

"Sorry," I muttered, slipping aside making my way to the kitchen to get my plate.

I entered the bright canary yellow room finding the one and only Conner munching down my plate whilst his brother lectured him about his bad manners. Grunting, I opened the fridge door to find a half eaten apple of which belonged either to Marissa or Alice, I could never make them apart since they're identical twins that actually never communicate with anyone else but themselves.

"Didn't you have your own plate?" I asked Conner, closing the fridge door with nothing but a half-eaten apple at hand.

His head whipped around as he spoke; "I was hungry and you never usually eat your macaroni."

I rolled my eyes and dragged myself into the dining room where everyone was either done or almost with their supper. I took my place between Benjamin and Charlotte, two other kids about my age who came in just a week before I did. It was never explained to me if they're brother and sister but all I know is that they're close.

Everyone was talking about how we were going to celebrate Elizabeth's eightieth birthday, Conner suggested that we get her a male stripper, while Charlotte suggested that we cook her a banquet fit for a queen. Honestly, I just wanted to buy her a present, make her a card and bake her cake. Simplicity is what I know best but I knew that it didn't matter what I wanted, so I sat back and listened in.

"Why not, I mean, she hasn't gotten any action in a while?" Defended Conner all the while trying to keep a serious face.

"No, just no." Replied Kaleb putting his hand in his face in embarrassment.

"She's going to be eighty, not eight-teen!" Added Benji in an annoyed tone.

I sat, laughing to myself while they argued about how it wouldn't be a good idea to get Elizabeth a male stripper, now with both suggestions merged, popping out of a birthday cake. Both Conner and Charlotte turned their red faces towards my direction as if I were supposed to drop dead. I didn't, of course, but both parties were dead set on their suggestions and they weren't about to just sigh in defeat.

"You know what? You're just an ignorant child!" Screeched Charlotte pointing her index finger at Conner.

"Yeah? Well, you're just a.. Just a.." He paused as if he were thinking of a good comeback, "You're just an unoriginal floozy with no sense of humor!" Spat out Conner feeling rather proud with his comeback.

This had been going on for at least thirty minutes, by now it was just me, Conner, Charlotte and Benji. The others got bored with their childish war and left to do something worth pursuing.

Charlotte stood with a disbelieving look and lowered her right hand to only pass it through her curly golden hair. She shook her head and began to walk out of the dinning room, but suddenly turned and faced us; "Do what you," She pointed at the blond Porcupine, "Want. I'm making her a lovely five course supper and who ever would like to join in is welcome." She said glancing at me and Benji, and took off to her room.

Benji and I exchanged worried glances as we were supposed to take sides, again. His green-eyed freckled face smiled at me as he stood up to comfort his close friend. I was left to stick with the idiot who causes all the trouble up in this place. As per usual I followed him back into our room where he would explain his little plans. I sat on the bottom bunk while he gathered up a plain sheet of paper and a pencil.

"We'll have to bake the cake and make holes for the guy to breathe-- " He said with total enthusiasm.

"How about we forget about the stripper and simply bake her a cake?" I interjected with complete hope that he'd just drop the subject.

The light in his eyes dimmed and his excitement came to a halt; "But, where would be the fun in that?" He said now looking like a beaten-down puppy dog.

My eyebrows connected and I gave a small smile; "Well, we could always-- " I tried.

"Where's the surprise factor? And what about being different?" He asked mainly to himself as he put down the paper on the dresser.

"I don't know, Evil. We'll figure it out." I said shifting my body towards him while he crookedly smiled at his nickname.

He inched closer to me, with his arms open-wide. I came in closer and closed the gap. Something about these hugs made me feel at home, though I wondered if he ever felt like that too. He's always sweet regardless of his hyper activeness. Honestly, he's the closest thing I have to a best friend, so I deal with it.

This was blissful. Just me, him and pure silence.

"I'm hungry." He exclaimed, while I still sat close in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first chapter for this one. I feel like I lack a bit of originality but I'm pretty sure that towards the second chapter it'll pick up.