Status: Active

I Want This Forever.

15

"James Owen Sullivan, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Jimmy was all smiles as he held Maria's hands at the alter. It was a picture of complete perfection. Maria's dress was gorgeous, flowing white that contrasted the blue water of the ocean in Cabo perfectly.

"Maria Elizabeth Fresno, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The preacher asked. Maria was beaming, her skin was practically on fire.

"I do." She smiled wide.

"For the first time I present to you, family and friends, Mr. and Mrs. James Owen Sullivan. You may kiss the bride."

"Don't mind if I do." Jimmy smirked and dipped Maria down and kissed her sweetly. A chorus of awe's echoed around the people seated.

I smiled and looked to my side as Jaede gently squeezed my hand reassuringly "They're so cute."

"I know." I smiled as we watched them walk down the isle. As they passed us, my eyes caught someone across the sand. Brian.

"TIME FOR THE PARTY!" Jimmy shouted and picked Maria up as she giggled. They were so adorable.

Everyone stood up and followed them to another section of sand where a bar was setup and a dance floor. I laughed as Matt and Zack walked over to Jaede and I.

"So how'd it feel sitting on the family side?" Jaede asked as Zack wrapped an arm around her waiste.

"You should have sat with us." He laughed and smiled at me "Good to see you, Iz."

I nodded "I wouldn't miss this for the world." I smiled.

The divorce had been finalized a month and a half ago. I had settled into a new house down at Laguna Beach, a little ways from Huntington, but enough so Brian and I kept alternating weeks with Josh, and I saw everyone once and a while. Maria almost daily.

"Where's my favorite girl ever?" Maria jogged over in her wedding dress and wrapped her arms around me "THanks so much for coming hun!"

"I was just telling Zack I wouldn't have missed this for the world." I smiled "I'm so happy for you guys, you're so perfect." I locked eyes with her as Brian began walking over, a girl on his arm "You're kidding right?"

She looked and sighed "I guess not. Anyways... where's Matt at?" She smiled. I laughed as Matt walked up behind me and palced his hands on my hips.

"What about me?" He kissed my cheek "What's up hun?"

I smiled and leaned against his chest. No it wasn't to make Brian pissed off, he was there for me after the divorce, and everything just clicked perfectly. I can't say so much for Jackie though, she up and left a week before the papers were final.

"Hey." Brian smiled sheepishly as he stopped infront of us, Marie moved away to greet other guests. Zack and Jaede stayed with us though.

"They're so cute aren't they?" I asked, I still couldn't make eye contact with him. It still hurt, but I didn't have to wake up every day and think about that. Instead I woke up in Matt's arms. Don't get me wrong, I still talked with Brian every now and then. We just weren't married. And I was back to DiFresco. Maria said she put karma on it, and she kept saying how sorry she was. But it was long time coming, and she wouldn't take that as an acceptable answer.

"They are." Brian smiled "I just wanted to introduce you to my girlfriend," He directed the statement more at Zack, Jaede, and Matt, than at me "This is Jessica."

"Hi." She waved with a smile. She had black hair and green eyes, a thin frame, and tanned skin. She was in a short dress and I immediatly saw why he was with her. But their kids wouldn't be as cute as ours.

"Hi." Zack stuck his hand out and shook her's, as did Jaede, and Matt.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled "I've heard so much about all of you, and you," She smiled at me, her green eyes sparkling "You're so lucky to have such a great baby." She wiggled Josh's feet, he was getting big now, and I hated being away for a week at a time "He's such a sweetheart, and Brian's such a great dad... Josh looks so much like you-"

"Yeah, he is a good baby." I smiled as Brian passed him to me. It was a Sunday, so Josh was going home with me anyways. I don't know if he understood or not, but it was going to be another battle with the name game. Dad.

Speaking of Dad..

"Hey!" Mr. Haner walked over and placed his arm around Brian's shoulders "How've you been Iz?" He asked. He was still dad and insisted on it. They'd call almost every day to check up, and still begged to take Josh for a night at a time.

"I've been good, how 'bout you Dad?" I asked as Matt laced his fingers with mine. For some reason, no one saw it weird that we were together. Brian and Matt still got along like usual, Mr. Haner didn't hold it against me for going for his son's best friend, it was just... I don't know. It felt expected, or just right.

"I've been good, we miss you being around, Iz. It's so weird now... You know you're always welcome at the house right?"

"I know, you've told me that a hundred times so far." I laughed as Josh cuddled into my arms. I gently kissed his cheek.

"I'm gunna go get something to drink, do you want anything Brian?" Jessica asked. Brian shook his head and she disappeared over to the bar.

"She seems really nice." I smiled as Jaede, Zack, and Mr. Haner all left.

"She is." Brian smiled as Matt took Josh from me.

"How long have you been going out?" I asked.

"A week." He nodded "So uh... how's life in Laguna?"

"Pretty good." I laughed "But I do miss Huntington."

"I told her we could move into my place, but she likes her beach house." Matt rolled his eyes with a laugh as I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Hey, Iz, can I talk to you for a sec... in private?" Brian asked, Matt nodded and kissed my cheek before leaving.

"What's up, Brian?" I asked.

"How are you guys?" He asked "Like... were you just rebounding or.. is it like real?" He asked.

"I think it's real this time. I don't think I ever lost feelings for him." I took a deep breath.

"Two kids later and you didn't actually love me at all?" Brian asked.

"Bri..." I sighed "Of course I loved you. That's why I had kids with you. It's just... I couldn't wake up every morning and be reminded of my little girl."

"What if I got contacts?" He asked.

"Brian." I shook my head "You're happy, look at her. She's gorgeous. You're doing fine." I laughed "I just feel bad it was Matt.."

"Don't." Brian shrugged "At least I can kick his ass if he fucks up."

"He won't." I smiled "Believe me."

"Have you guys set a date yet?" Brian joked.

I laughed as he looked down at my hand "Haven't even gotten the ring yet, bud. Don't worry, we'll invite you to your ex-wife's wedding to your best friend."

"Rubbing salt in the wounds, eh Izz?" Jimmy asked as he walked over.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist "You look so handsome in your tux, Jim. I think this should be a daily attire thing now." I smiled as he nodded.

"I said the same thing to Maria, but she said it was a terrible idea." He laughed as I gigged "You two ok over here? Or do we need a ref?"

"We're good." Brian smiled "Just talking about how adorable you two are together." Brian fake gagged.

"Yeah, we are, aren't we?" Jimmy laughed and patted Brian's shoulder "Gotta go say hi to your parents. I'll swing back around later to check on you two. Play fair. No kicking, Iz."

"I wouldn't." I laughed as he left. I looked back to Brian, but kept my eyes looking at his nose, I couldn't look at his eyes. I was making progress though.

"Can I rejoin this conversation?" Jessica asked as she walked over with a martini in hand.

"Yeah, it's not closed anymore." Brian laughed "I think Zack is trying to steal Josh... do you want me to-"

"I got it." I laughed and waved as I walked over to Matt, who was watching in amusement as Zack tried to take Josh "Baker! Hands off my baby."

Zack looked at me and smirked "Yeah sure."

I took Josh from him and stood next to Matt, his arm snaked around my waist as he planted a kiss on my cheek "I love you Isabella."

"Love you too, Matthew." I smiled up at him and squinted as something flashed.

"Perfect! So cute!" Some girl with a camera smiled, she was the wedding photographer "Candids are the best, and your family is like... perfect candid." She smiled "Jim and Maria are getting the CD of these, they'll love it." She walked over and wiggled Josh's toes "He's such a cute baby." She looked up at us "You must be such proud parents."

Matt laughed "He's not mine."

"Oh, I'm so-"

"It's fine." I laughed "Thank you anyways. He's a sweetheart." I smiled as she walked away. Matt kept his hand on my waist and listened back in on Zack's conversation. I snuggled closer to him and looked around. This wasn't the ending I planned for Brian and I. But I wouldn't have traded any of it, if it led me here.

Because I wanted this, looking at Matt every morning. Josh. Maria and Jimmy being married. I wanted all this. I wanted it forever.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't see that coming, did you? The end. Brian and Izzy's story is finally finished. Probably not how I saw it when I started the original last year, but it ended where I wanted it, at Jimmy and Maria's wedding, where I planned it. Just not Izzy with who I planned. But this is what happened. That's what you get. Hoepd you liked it and thanks to everyone who stuck around with this the whole time :)

xoxoxoxo Over and out - Jackie