‹ Prequel: Black Sun

Starless Night

Phasing and Fighting

i watched Jacob walk out the door to go patrol with Sam, I also watched Paul enter the door that I was now closing. I turned around to see Paul sitting on the sofa, looking uncomfortable and sad, I didn't know what was going through his head, but I knew that it had something to do with me and what he wanted from me. He looked at my shirt, then to my face.

"You wore that the first day you came into Sam's house, the first day that I saw you" said Paul, I looked at my shirt and then at him.

"You remember that?" I asked as I went to sit beside him on the sofa, he nodded.

"Yep, that was the day we found out you were Jacob's imprint as well."

"Leah, started that fight I believe, she doesn't like me"

"Leah was just looking out for me, I think. She knows or at least she thinks she knows that I like guys, well I don't really like guy or never even thought that I did but when you walked into those doors it was like a fuzzy feeling, I can't even describe it but it was how Sam told me one time imprinting felt" said Paul, I remember when Jacob thought he imprinted on me in his room, how he quickly moved away from me.

"The vampires told me my blood blocks people from imprinting on me, how can you imprinted on me, Jacob had to taste my blood" I said, Paul looked at me confused, he then walked into the kitchen and came back with a knife.

"Paul, I don't think this is such a good idea, this will only complicate things even more" I said, Paul shrugged.

"Zeek, I have to know, " said Paul as he took my arm and cut it, I watched the blood rush to the top, Paul licked my arm where he cut it and then looked at me, "you are the one"

"Paul, what am I suppose to do? I finally got Emmett to stop being so open with how he feels about me and now I have two wolves in the same pack in love with me, what am I suppose to do?" I asked watching my cut heal.

"Give me a chance to make you happy, more so than Jacob has"

"Paul, I love Jacob more than anything. I saw a life without him in it and it broke me, I can't do that to him" I said getting off the sofa, Paul got up and grabbed my hand.

"I can't live without you, I know that. Do you know how painful it is when an imprint turns down a wolf? It is suppose to be torturous."

"I don't want to hurt you" I said, Paul ran his fingers along my jaw line.

"I don't want you to hurt me" said Paul rubbing my lips with his thumb.

"Paul, I love Jacob. I don't know what to do" I said, Paul brought my head up so that I was looking into his eyes.

"Have us both then" Paul said in a whisper.

"Jacob will never do that, I don't know that I can do that"

"You care about me, don't you? I can tell right now, that you want this" said Paul.

"How?" I asked in a whisper.

"You're not moving away from me, my hands has been around your waist the entire time and you haven't moved it away or your body"

"Paul, I can't do this, not to Jacob" I said moving away from him, I turned to look at him, he was looking down at the floor, "I can't do this to you, either"

"I will fight for you, if I have to"

"Paul, we can't fight amongst ourselves with the Cullens attacking whenever" I said, Paul looked mad.

"Zeek, I am going to fight for you, in any way that I can. I know that you can love me, and one day you will have to choose between Jacob and me, and I am not going anywhere no matter what you choose. I am madly and beautifully in love with you" said Paul walking closer to me.

"Paul, why are you doing this to me? I can't love you, I can't betray Jacob" I said as Paul was standing right in front of me.

"You already do love me, I can see it in your eyes"

"This was easier when I thought you hated me" I said as Paul cupped my face with his hands, I could feel his breathe on my lips.

"I could never hate you" said Paul, I knew this was a bad idea, being alone with him was never going to work, why did I allow myself to do this?

"I can't cheat on Jacob, I can't allow myself to do it"

"What if we talked to Jacob and explained what's going on?"

"Paul, it will not work" I said, Paul looked angry.

"How do you know unless you try" said Paul as the door opened, Sam and Jacob entered, I walked away from Paul.

"Nothing out of the ordinary tonight" said Sam, I wanted to say 'wanna bet' but I kept my mouth shut.

"Thanks for staying here with, Zeek, Paul that was pretty cool of you" said Jacob, Paul nodded.

"I was hoping I could talk to you, Jacob" said Paul, I felt my eyes grow big but tried to make them normal again, "in private"

"Ok sure we can talk in my room" said Jacob, I watched as my boyfriend left the room to go talk to my boyfriend. I didn't know what to do, a few minutes later I heard cursing and the sound of someone being thrown against the wall. When I walked into the room, I watched as Paul and Jacob both phased both ready to pounce.

"Stop!" I screamed, both wolves looked at me, "You two are going to phase back now"

They both phased back into Jacob and Paul, naked I might add.

"Do you know what this fuck just told me?" asked Jacob glaring at Paul.

"That he is in love with me?" I asked already knowing.

"Yeah, how did you know?" asked Jacob curiously.

"He told me ealier, maybe we should all talk about this, maybe this is bigger than all of us" I said, they looked at each other and nodded.