‹ Prequel: Black Sun

Starless Night

I Have to Tell Emmett and Sam

No one talked, we all just sat in Jacob's room quietly. I sat down on the bed, Jacob was beside me with Paul on the floor. I noticed Jacob kept his hand on my thigh, as if to tell Paul that I was his, property, that is how I felt.

"This isn't going to work" I said breaking the silence.

"What you mean?" asked them both in unison.

"This triangle shit, this imprinting shit, I think it's best if I go stay with Emmett" I said seriously.

"No! You will stay here with me, it's safer" said Jacob, I shook my head.

"We all need to figure this out, all of us. I love you Jacob, more than anything but this imprinting stuff has me confused. How can I be two wolves soulmate? It's not right" I said standing up.

"Zeek please don't go" said Jacob, but I knew that I had to.

"I will be at Emmett's, you will know where I am." I said, I had to get out of this room, I needed to cry, I didn't even know if vampires cried. I ran out of Jacob's house and as fast I could through the woods until I ended up at Emmet's front door, I knocked and he answered quickly.

"Zeek, what's wrong?" asked Emmett curiously.

"Life, the fact that two wolves are now in love with me and I don't know what to do" I said as I walked into the house.

"What? Who?"

"Paul and Jacob. I love Jacob I do, but I feel like I am suppose to be with Paul to, great know I am a whore" I said sitting down on the sofa.

"That is interesting and you are not a whore, how did this even come about?" asked Emmett sitting next to me on the sofa.

"When the queen showed me the glimpse when Jacob died, Paul was taking care of me, so I talked to him in this life and found out he is in love with me. I feel like I need to talk to Sam, I don't see how I can be two people can imprint on the same person" I said, Emmett shrugged.

"Do you feel stronger for one than the other?"

"I love Jacob, but I can't hurt Paul. My life is so fucked up"

"Everyone's life is fucked up, I mean my family is trying to kill us now. and I don't know what to do about Seth" said Emmett with a sigh.

"You talk to him and figure it out, the boy likes you, Emmett. I don't know if he imprinted on you but I know he likes you" I said, Emmett nodded.

"You think maybe Paul didn't really imprint on you, he just thinks he did?"

"I don't know, the only way to find out I guess would be to ask Sam"

"Or meet with the tribe council" said Emmett, I eyed him curiously.

"The tribe council?" I asked confused.

"Yes, the leaders of their tribe. Meeting with them will clear up everything and they probably need to meet with you anyway, after all you are a guy vampire in the middle of a wolf love triangle, who also happen to be boys"

"I will call Sam" I said pulling out my cell and calling him, I hung up the phone after our conversation, "he is on his way"

Not even ten minutes later, Sam was at the front door looking at me like I was crazy.

"Why aren't you at Jacob's where I last saw you?" Sam asked confused, I sighed.

"Sam, there's something going on that I don't understand" I said, he eyed me, "two of your wolves are in love with me"

"Seth and Jacob?" Sam asked, I shook my head, "Ah, Paul"

"Yes, Paul and Jacob. how can that even happen to imprint on the same person?"

"It doesn't happen, most of the time, but sometimes it does. Usually, the one higher ranks gets the person, but with you, I have a feeling your scared of hurting one or the other, so it gets difficult. We can meet with the tribe council, it will be awkward but they can show you visions of your life with either of them or you can make the decision for yourself, but I have a request" said Sam sighing, "don't pick one until after the battle, I don't need a sad wolf in my pack"

"Sam, I don't even know what to do. I feel like I should just step away, I mean I have caused so much trouble since they day I came here. I don't think I am worth all this" I said, Sam shook his head.

"You are worth more than you give yourself credit for, you are meant for this, this is after all your destiny" said Sam.

"He is right, this is part of your destiny, whomever you chose, will be a part of that destiny" said Emmett, I gave him a look that I wished to kill him with.

"What if I pick the wrong one and I fuck everything up?" I asked curiously, they both eyed me curiously as if I told them I just killed a baby.

"I actually figured this choice would be easy for you, but I feel as if we must go to the tribe council" said Sam, "we will go now"