‹ Prequel: Black Sun

Starless Night

My Soulmate

Sam led me into a huge room on the reservation, I was nervous, more so then when I met with the vampires. I was not the wolves kind and I was causing a riff between two wolves in the pack. Three older men sat in front of me on the floor, their legs tucked underneath them, they raised their heads to look at me, I couldn't read their expression, I didn't know if they hated me or not.

"Zeek, I was wondering when you would show up here" said the one in the middle, never smiling or frowning.

"I need your held and advice, " I said as they continued to look at me, "I need to fix a problem"

"A problem in deed, young one. You are a strange breed, a vampire with compassion and love. Come sit in front of us, we have a journey ahead of us" said the middle one as I walked and sat in front of them.

"A journey?"

"Yes, you want answers and we must give them to you, " said the middle one then looking to Sam, "Sam, bring in the two wolves that love him, it is time"

"Yes, sir" said Sam as he walked out and then right back in with Paul and Jacob, they both looked at me with love, I turned quickly away from them and looked back at the man.

"Hurts to be confused and in the middle. Sam told me to not let you make your decision until after the fight with the Cullens and I respect that, but you will find out tonight the one that your life will be the happiest with, your true soulmate" said the man in the middle as he waved his hand in the air and then put it on my head, the room around me grew dark, I couldn't see anyone anymore. I stood up, lights flashed on and off, then a spotlight came from nowhere and shined right on one of the wolves, the one I was meant to be with, it was in that moment I knew the decision I had to make, as I looked at him, I knew that he was the one for me. I closed my eyes and opened them again to find myself back in the room , the man looked at me and nodded.

"That is the one, Zeek." said the man in the middle, I stood up and looked at the two wolves.

"I am going to stay at Emmett's until after the fight, but I promise when it's over, I will tell you which one of you I pick" I said, they both looked at me oddly, Jacob nodded and Paul looked confused. I walked out the door, when someone grabbed my arm, I looked back to see Jacob standing there with a necklace in his hand with the packs symbol.

"What is this?" I asked curiously.

"I want you to have it, even if you don't pick me. I want you to have something to remember me by" said Jacob putting the necklace around my neck.

"Jacob, why are you giving this to me?"

"Zeek, when I am away from you, I feel like I can't breathe or live for that matter but I respect that you need time and I want you to be ok. Even if you pick Paul, if he is the one for you, I can still see you"

"Jacob, I need to tell you something" I said when Sam put his hand on my shoulder.

"Come on, I will walk you back to Emmett's" said Sam in a gruff tone, Jacob looked at Sam then back at me and smiled.

"See you soon, Zeek" said Jacob as he ran off, I looked to Sam who eyed me.

"What were you going to tell him?" asked Sam as we walked.

"Sam, I have to tell him what I saw" I said, Sam shook his head.

"Zeek, please, just wait. It's important that you wait"

"Fine, I owe it to you, Sam" I said as we ended up at Emmetts door.

"Zeek, this is for you too. I know what it will do to one of them if you tell them what you saw. I also see that whatever you saw made you happy, visions usually do that to people"

"I just know that things are gonna change, but I don't want to be king of the vampires, I am only 17" I said, Sam smiled.

" A seventeen year old who is stronger than anyone I know, you are going to do just fine"

"I hope your right, Sam" I said as I opened the door, I walked into the den to see Emmet shirtless on top of a shirtless guy, they both looked up at me, "I am so sorry"

"We were just kissing, I promise" said Seth looking scared.

"Seth, don't even worry about it. Kissing is just fine. I am going up to my room and turn the music on really loud" I said smiling.

"Actually, I should be getting home before Leah starts looking for me. See you later, Zeek. Later, Emmett" said Seth looking at him with love in his eyes, when Seth walked out the door, I looked at Emmett who looked embarrassed.

"You don't seem so unsure anymore" I said with a smile.

"He came over when you left and we just started making out" said Emmett.

"Nice, see he is a good guy and he really likes you. Don't hurt him"

"I am not going to. So, did you find out the one you are suppose to be with?" asked Emmett changing the subject.

"Yes, I did" I said sitting on the sofa they just made out on.

"And who is it?"

"I am not suppose to say"

"I am sure you can tell me, don't make me play the sire card" said Emmett with a smile.

"Emmett, the answer doesn't matter right now" I said, using my powers on him.

"I guess the answer doesn't matter right now"

"Thought so" I said with a smile, I could get use to this power.

"Nice try, Zeek. You're powers don't work on me anymore" said Emmett crossing his arms over his chest.

"How come?" I asked confused, they worked on him before.

"When you came into my house to stay our bond became closer, so I am immune to them now"

"Of course, always something" I said with a smile.

"So I have a feeling, I already know the answer to my question. I can see it in your eyes"

"What is it exactly that you see?"

"That you are very happy with who is your soulmate, " said Emmett eying my necklace, "Jacob gave you that?"

"Yeah, so I would remember him and know that he is close to me always." I said rubbing the necklace.

"Zeek, in your vision where your dancing with the guy in the mask, who was it?"

"It wasn't anyone I know. Emmett, how am I suppose to keep this a secret, I want to be with him now"

"Give it time, good things come to those who wait. Least you have that necklace until then" said Emmett.

"Yeah, I think I knew it was Jacob the entire time, I got to find someone for Paul" I said with a frown.

"Zeek, worry about yourself right now. That's your problem, you worry about other people too much"

"I am different than any vampire, remember. I have love and compassion"

"Yes, but sometimes you got to remember you come first, Zeek" said Emmett, I nodded.

"I will, Emmett" I said with a nod