Rumors

Chapter 1

Did you hear about..” Whisper, whisper.

“No way!” bulging eyes.

I shook my head as I passed cluster after cluster of girls whispering to one another. Half the things they are talking about are lies. It just gives them something to talk about to make their lives seem interesting and the lives of people around them hell.

Oh, yeah, my name. I’m Danika and welcome to Lincoln High School! (Please note my sarcastic enthusiasm.) This school is the definition of Hell. No, seriously, look in the dictionary under desk 12 in Mr. Holms’s class. Someone crossed out the actual definition of hell and wrote in Lincoln High School. It made me laugh.

“You’re mumbling to yourself again,” Sammy said, stepping in my way. I just nodded and tried to walk around her. “Today, I made myself a promise. Do you want to know what that promise was?” I nodded, “I promised myself I would make you smile!” She said all of this in a I-have-a-dream-speech time way.

“Won’t happen,” I muttered making her sigh a laugh. I didn’t see what was funny in that, but okay.

Sammy put her hand on my shoulder and spun me around, “What’s up, lil’ miss pouty?”

“Nothing, just not in a talkative mood. Have you heard my latest rumor?” I asked her.

“The one with Brian or is there a newer one?”

“Newer. Supposedly I high jacked my mum’s car and went to a crack house to get high. Then the cops came in and arrested me,” I almost smiled at the stupid rumor until I remembered Sammy’s promise to herself.

“Wow... Really?” She looked shocked, although this isn’t the first time this rumors gone around, “And you didn’t bring me?” She yelled. I burst out laughing.

“Eh, I didn’t even know I went.” She laughed this time.

“Ladies, to class!” Mr. Harmer snapped as we passed him. I stuck my pierced tongue out at him, “Danika! Office, now.”

I shrugged, “You said get to class first so... Bye!” I ran to my first hour class, Sammy right behind me, laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got bored... Comment if you want me to continue...

^.^