Status: Updated July 20

He's Got a Boyfriend Now

You're In Denial

Pat

Right now I feel like the biggest loser. My own best friend waited a month to tell me he has a boyfriend, the guy I’ve been trying to get him together with. Oh my lord I feel like the biggest idiot.

“Hey you” Katrina Wonders came up to me. I knew she liked me, but I just didn’t like her back.

“Hey” I said as we walked in the direction of my house.

“Long day?”

“Well my best friend just told me he has a boyfriend, and I’ve been trying to get the two of them together, but they were already together”

“Oh, what a jerk!”

“Hey, Riley is not a jerk, a chicken yes, but not a jerk”

“Ok sorry” she said backing off. Man why did I get all offensive over Riley? He’s a good friend and all, nothing more. Plus he’s got a boyfriend now. I thought as we reached my house. Her house was another block away.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow” I said to her as she looked at me. It looked like she was waiting for something.

“Ok. Bye” she said walking off as I went inside. My older brother Joel was on our computer.

“What is with the long face?” he asked looking from the screen to me.

“Nothing”

“No, not nothing, you wouldn’t be so depressed if nothing was wrong”

“Riley has a boyfriend”

“There it is,” he said jumping up. “So that means your plans worked?” he asked laughing a little.

“No, they’ve been going out for a month before hand and I’ve been working so hard for nothing” I yelled.

“Ok my gosh! You’re jealous” he snapped.

“No I’m not”

“You liked all the attention Riley was giving you”

“Did not”

“Oh, but you were always so happy. Pat you’re in denial” he said as I threw a pillow at him from off the couch. “It’s true so accept it,” he said leaving the room.

“How about no” I yelled as I went to my room. I thought about calling Riley. But what would I say, ‘Oh I was bored’. Well I always did that so what the hell. I dialed his number and waited, and waited, and waited.

I grew impatient so I hung up. If he won’t pick up his phone, then I’ll just go over to his house.

“Where you off to?” Joel asked me as I shrugged pretending that I didn’t know. “Ok, just don’t be out too late” he called as I ran to Riley’s house.

I rang the doorbell and waited. Then I realized I rang the doorbell when I knew I could go right in. I let myself in as Hayley came down.

“Oh it’s you,” she said as she smiled. She secretly has a crush on me.

“Hey, yeah. Is Riley here?”

“Yeah, in his room” she said. “Taylor’s there as well” she said as my eyes twitched. Great! He was there too. Really? I just wanted to be with my best friend, why does he have to be there?

“Yeah, ok. Thanks” I said running up the stairs.

I knocked on the door and waited. You know what I’m tired of waiting, like fuck. So I just opened the door.

“Oh my god!” I yelled as I slammed the door causing Riley and Taylor to stop there make-out session.

“Haven’t you heard of knocking?” Riley yelled.

“I did knock! You’re just deaf!” I yelled more.

“Stop yelling my dad is downstairs” he whispered.

“What, so you just fuck around while your parents are downstairs? How convenient” I whispered.

“No, well yes, but shut up! What do you want?”

“I was bored, I wanted to see my best friend, but not like that. Now I’m just disgusted”

“Oh calm down. I walked in on you and what’s her name?”

“Shut up!” I yelled as I heard heavy footsteps.

“Riley! What’s all the yelling for? Are you alright?” It was his dad. Oh shoot, what did I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY COW! I'm REALLY sorry for zee long wait, it was more than a week, wowerz! Sorry again. It's March Break, and it's so nice outside, I just want to get out there!

And I see some of you didn't get the e-mail for this story so it was a good thing I posted that "update". You're welcome :D